Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity

John 71

I found out today that when you have the sensitivity on auto it well go up and down. So I tried 18 on the sensitivity and it was going deeper on the safari.

Hell John just thought i would give you a few pointers I very rarely use auto sensativity and when i do it's in nasty soil conditions. Manual sensitivity is much deeper and i run anywhere between 16 and 18 mostly until i get alot of clicks and pops like unstable ground conditions. I also use high trash speed if there's alot of junk or targets in the ground but if im in a big old farm field and the ground is quiet i will run low trash and remember always noise cancel by putting your coil on the ground just make sure there isnt any target's under the coil do this every 30 minutes or so also i run in all metal and i notch out some iron yes it is a crazy mode but at those old cellar hole's you can here those medium to high tone mixed in with the low iron tones very helpful so with that said the safari is one of the deepest detectors out there i have a 13 detech coil that in most ground i get a extra 2 or 3 inches over the 11 fbs coil. But i use my sef dd 5x11 coil it gets just as good on depth as the 11fbs but with added trash/target seperation. Hopfully this helps John.

Thanks all that helps. I hunt older homes and they have some trash. So I'm on the right track with the sensitivity. Question if you notch out stuff well that make less depth?

No not with the Safari depth is not effected by notching as far as i can tell with my safari notching will prevent you from hearing unwanted targets. Let me know how you do john.