Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity

TerryEastTexas

I have run into several situations where I think I have run the sensitivity at max but I think this is causing machine gun hits. Mostly one way signals. I have ground balanced time and again but still the multiple hits. I have the v2.77. Could it as simple as just too much sensitivity?

I might try switching from park 1 to park 2. If it’s still too busy then I’d try backing off 1 bar. With the stock coil, park 2 still gets ok depth and seems to be less reactive in dense target areas. If what your hearing is EMI ( does not stop when the coil is still) then try frequency shift before reducing sensitivity.

I ususally run it on bar down too, I get a lot more false iron signals at max setting. If I'm in an open field with little trash I will run it wide open.

Thanks for the replies. I have been running a bar down and it has quieted the machine considerably. I got into the mind frame of MAX sensitivity at all cost and paid the price.

Nokta added the 7th level of sensitivity in the 2.76 update for extra depth, before that there were only 6 sensitivity levels.
The new level is kind of like a boost mode, it makes the machine run really hot which is great for going deep in wide open fields with little trash.
I've found it to be a little too sensitive around old home sites where there's a lot of iron or trash. Level 6 still has good depth and the machine runs much more stable.

My Simplex + uses the 2.77 update, and in trashier areas I use Park 1, and low-trash open areas eight Field or Beach.

I always start at maximum Sensitivity and reduce it when I happen to encounter EMI. I only have the first Disc. segment rejected in the Field mode, Park 1 and Beach have zero Disc. notches rejected, and I never use Park 2.

When I get EMI the Sensitivity is reduced, slowly, just to the point it runs stable. I work the coil at a proper ±2" coil-to-ground position and that helps eliminate multiple hits from closely-positioned coins and such. Due to the circuitry design, power level, and the use of a Double-D coil, it is easy to get multiple hits from targets too close to the search coil's inner EMF so proper coil height is important.

I use the 5X9½ DD mid-size coil most of the time and seldom experience any issues. As for one-way hits they can happen with any search coil type, but seem to a little more often with a DD coil. It can also be caused by a canted target or odd target shape and orientation to the coil. Another reason is a nearby trash target that causes some rejection and the unit can't recover in time to respond to the favorable target, especially based on the sweep direction and sweep speed. A good audible 'hit' from the left or from the right, still needs to be recovered to know if it's a good or bad target.

Monte

Thanks for the replies. I have been running a bar down and it has quieted the machine considerably. I got into the mind frame of MAX sensitivity at all cost and paid the price.
Yep, done that myself as most of us. Hard not to hit the gas but much better with lower sens. HH

Once again thank ya'll for your responses. Good info for sure.