Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sent my F75 to Fisher

kajunman

because I was having to reset the machine to get a proper ground balance along with the pinpoint mode not always engaging when I pulled the trigger. Supposed to get it back today. I followed proper protocol for returning the detector and never heard from Fisher. I sent an inquiry to ask if they had looked at my detector. They replied by saying we are returning your machine and there will be a note of what we did to your machine. I will give a follow up report once I check the machine out.

Update: There was an issue with shipping which won't allow my machine to be returned until next week. So Fisher is sending me an F75 SE LTD loaner to use until mine returns. I have a competition hunt this weekend and they didn't want me to be without a comparable detector. Can't thank them enough for stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing.

From basically a "holding company" to an integral leader in the detecting community.
I for one appreciate how First Texas has handled their detector Manufacturing business.

They are building a new and bigger plant in El Paso - not that their old one isn't huge and modern. Tom Walsh, the CEO, bought the defunct Bounty Hunter and Teknetics trademarks and intellectual property, then he hired Dave Johnson, America's greatest metal detector designer. After that they bought the nearly bankrupt Fisher assets. The production facilities are completely modern and they sell a staggering amount of metal detectors.

Their repair turn-arounds are pretty quick. They don't normally give a lot of feedback unless you call and ask. Warranty repairs are free of course and their rates for non-warranty work are fery reasonable.

lytle78 said:
They are building a new and bigger plant in El Paso - not that their old one isn't huge and modern. Tom Walsh, the CEO, bought the defunct Bounty Hunter and Teknetics trademarks and intellectual property, then he hired Dave Johnson, America's greatest metal detector designer. After that they bought the nearly bankrupt Fisher assets. The production facilities are completely modern and they sell a staggering amount of metal detectors.

Their repair turn-arounds are pretty quick. They don't normally give a lot of feedback unless you call and ask. Warranty repairs are free of course and their rates for non-warranty work are fery reasonable.

Felix actually called to inform me there was a mistake on the shipping. He then offered a loaner machine. He had to talk me into it but I'm glad he did. I sold my ATP last week knowing I was supposed to get my 75 returned. When they knew that wasn't going to happen per the initial schedule, he offered. If only the 75 was waterproof. I sold the ATP to get a Max because I water hunt as well.