Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sentimental heartbreak

diggingFx

Went detecting with trusty stock XS only one time last year and found a key 1864L indian. It was at brothers yard with his 9yo son. I found it, dug it and handed it to my nephew and had him show his dad and rinse it and report back. His mom came out and said thanks for finding that for us. OK, no big. My brother hands it to me with a funny look as if his wife is nuts. I took the coin home finished cleaning with just water and olive oil and put it in a coin holder then a month later presented it to my nephew along with his b-day gift. Its in vf condition with a perfect patina, just beautiful. I get a call yesterday, his mom is putting it on ebay and had some questions...disapointed. I was hoping my nephew would keep it and remember me and our time together. I thought it was special but not everybody thinks alike. Oh well just chalk it up to a great find.

Well, it takes all kinds, I guess. Money is everything to some people.

Ahhh bummer that is so sad.
Well like you said chalk it off and remember your good gesture as that was one of the most important things.

Another thing I might add is if it is important that you found it together bid on it and get it possibly real cheap?

MikeO said:
Ahhh bummer that is so sad.
Well like you said chalk it off and remember your good gesture as that was one of the most important things.

Another thing I might add is if it is important that you found it together bid on it and get it possibly real cheap?
His mother said she was starting it at 49 bucks and I said I would give 50 bucks for it, so she said she would start it at 75..I may have discouraged the sale. Perhaps she then realized the folly.

Sad...

I'd definitely keep an eye on the auction...

You may be able to get that coin back yet...but I'd keep it "quiet." Doesn't seem like your nephew's mother is going to be real helpful, so a "stealth" approach may work best, if the coin is important to you...

Steve