Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seriously considering a new Elite.......

A

Anonymous

This is after the last "new" hunting location (1800's). Not much new trash. Not even much large old trash (iron).
Even with my smallest coil, the electrical interference was kicking my butt. Had enough trouble with the clads. The noise seemed to go in and out of phase with the 2a, causing target response to keep shifting up and down. Really freaky.
Found that using just the right coil motion would give fairly consistent response, but the whole thing was really a pain. Don't think I could have found anything much over 5" deep.
I understand that there is no way to ditch all the interference, but I really hate hitting a place that might show some promise only to get waxed like that.
Will get a NEW one . Not used.......don't want any surprises.
Enough ranting on this crappy morning.
HH

Might consider the GT if your going new...Certainly an imroved exterior design and gives you more options with the switch of a toggle..I like the older Sov's myself, but of course have to mod them at least on the outside to make them comfortable...

Don't feel that I need all the extra options, considering the places I hunt.
Just need some help with the noise problems.
HH

Unless you have a hunch on what kind of electrical interference your getting then it may not matter what kind of detector your going to use.
What I mean is if there is in ground electric wires or such causing the problems.
Otherwise just plain electric or rf type of problems varies with different detectors and coils on them.
I had what seemed to be similar type of up and down target responses along with random signals that where false signals and with my gt senstitivity reduced to minimum most of the problem was gone.
Don't know max depth the detector would detect with that type of setting though. I guess other sov's with reduced sensitivity would probably work here the same.
HH
Dan R.

If it's 60hz Power Line interference both the Elite and the GT can eliminate it. These are the only two Sovs I have ever had that I could turn on in my house without having them go crazy or even have to lower the sensitivity. Frequency 2 eliminated the electrical interference for me.
HH
Beachcomber

Wish I could try both the Elite and GT, but decided after much consideration to go with the GT.
Most of my noise problems come from 60 hz power, particularly when iron is involved. That last "new" location was an old house right on the main street of a small town. Had hoped that it would be way back an alley, but no such luck. Can't win 'em all.
As long as the band switch can get me a reasonable amount of help in most situations, I will be happy.
HH