Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seriously thinking about taking the plunge... :)

Bill W.

The T2 definitely sounds like my type of machine. I hunt a mixture of sites from mostly iron to more modern trash but old coins mixed in. I am not a clad hunter in anyway shape or form... :rant: I frequent alot of the forums and most of you guys know I own an Explorer and CZ-3D... or that I am a UPS man... :wave: The fast ID ability and respectable depth definitely got my attention. There are alot of places I hunt that I am sure the T2 will do good to targets being close together. Alot of those places I have used a 5 inch coil but lose alot of depth. As far as mineralization my 3D usually GB between 3.5 and 6. In areas when I GB above 5 my 3D (8 inch) is deeper than my Explorer (10.5 inch). I took ALOT of BS for stating that on the Explorer forum... :punch: So, basically I am not a brand loyal person... I feel if this or that machine fits my needs so be it irregardless of make. I owned a CoinStrike that I absolutely could not get good results from it. That was supposed to be my fast ID machine... :cry: I've owned the Explorer for 5 years and the 3D for 2 years. I like both machines I have now and am mainly look for something to complement them. I also like how much information is included on the screen for those borderline dig or don't dig decisions. I'm about 95% sure the T2 will be beside my Explorer and 3D very soon. HH!

-Bill

Good luck Bill! I am also seriously considering one myself so make sure to let us all know how it goes. If I don't beat you to one first ;)

Was to be delivered on Thursday, but got it today.

Got it together and will say it is decent quality, not like the other detectors First Texas makes. Don't see a coil cover and don't remember anyone saying anything on one.
Cant take it outside yet, but run it though my test with the nails in my floor and putting coins on them, then did a little air testing also. Only spent about a hour total going over the controls and such with the different tones and see something I wonder what it is on the tones as it goes from 3 to 36 then to 4. I know it goes 1 plus 1 2 plus 2 3 then 36 then 4 and wonder what this 36 is as I don't see any difference in 3 or 36.The tones sound just like a Bounty hunter to me on the 3 tones the last I used one.
I will say it is light weight compared to my Sovereign or Explorers and should be easy to swing, but at this time with my test I cant see it replacing my Sovereign or Explorer, but I will have to take it outside when the ground thaws and see what it can do.
On my Sovereign I can get fooled on a rusty bottle cap when in the ground and the ground is dry, but out of the ground I don't have a problem. Now with one of the rusty bottle caps I have here the T-2 sees it and the meter is all over the place with high and low tones so it is easy to tell and now wonder how it will be in the ground if it will do the same. The nails in my floor I did my test with at factory preset I could hear them , but when I put the disc up to 40 so it was well below a nickle and still see my gold ring the iron was quit other than some over load signals.

Got to do more test and be able to get outside where the real rest begin.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Unless something has changed, the T2 came with a coil cover. I know mine did as did others. It was already on the coil in the box. Somebody may have talked them out of including them???? You can call and ask them.

The 3b mod was created just for rusty steel bottle caps and related targets. In the regular 3 mode steel bottle caps will usually give a one-way response if they're tilted, but if they're laying flat they can hit solid and consistent every pass, the way a coin does. What the 3b mode does, is to make them bounce around a lot more even when they're lying nearly flat. A coin will usually act the same in 3 or 3b. If you search with "# OF TONES" selected in the menu, when you locate a questionable target you can use the knob to toggle back and forth between 3 and 3b to see the difference

May still not be in the manual. Don't forget about the frequency shift!

Enjoy the 'Alien' :detecting:

Rick,

I really don't intend the T2 to be a replacement for my Explorer or 3D. My main purpose is to compliment my current detectors. I have kind of been looking for something just a little different from the norm to try. I can afford to keep it without getting rid of anything so that makes decisions alot easier... :)

-Bill

I'll keep everyone posted. My only concern/fear is the ground possibly freezing before I get to try it at all... :( It's been a very warm month here in Pennsylvania. Hopefully, it holds for another weekend or two. Last year it froze in early January and stayed that way till the last week of March.

-Bill

Everybody knows that you can't turn up the bar lights until 2:20 p.m.! :lol:

n/t

I looked close and even tried to pull a little on the coil to see if there is one there as it should move a little unless it is very well made and very tight.It looks too good on the bottom of the coil not to have one on it, but cant seem to get it to budge if there is one there.

I was back doing some air test tonight and with the bottle caps out of the ground doing air test I can see a little difference, but the 3b made the cap sound better. What I need to do is when the weather gets nice is the do some actual test out side on real targets in the ground.
In factory preset my nickles I can get a signal at 11-12 inches, but lose the ID tone at 8 inches, the same with quarters too. i put the sensitivity as high as I could and get a stable threshold which was around 74 and didn't seem to make much difference as I still only got around 11-12 inches wearing my headphones and the tone changed too at 8 inches to a lower tone when I tried 3 or 4. I bought out my X-Terra 30 in factory presets and got the same tone all the way to 11 inches, so maybe the T-2 don't air test well. I also tried all metal just to see with a slight threshold and it too only around 11-12 inches.
I just got to play around with it more I guess until I can get outside.

I tried to change the freq and it worked good and I wonder why this info was not on the owners manual and think they could have done better with that too being it has so many pages.I bet the owners manual will be changing to include some of these things.
I did see the very fast response to it as i could wave the coin in front of it as fast as i could and it would see it every time,so it may work great for competition hunting.
Thanks again Mike for your info on the "Alien"
Rick

Is there really a coil cover on them, or just looks like it? Before i call in I want to make sure as I didn't see anything in the book on a coil cover and it looks like one on mine, but under closer inspection this is part of the coil itself. I used a magnifying glass to look and it is a seam that is sealed not a cover.
If there was a cover it was not on the coil or in the box as I just checked to make sure.

Thanks for checking for sure if there is a cover, or looks like it.
Rick

n/t

and they stopped including coil covers. Give them a call and see what they say. All three I used came with covers. You're the first one I have heard about that didn't have one.

:thumbup: Just ordered the T2 this morning... :) Hopefully, the weather cooperates next weekend. I went out this morning for a little bit while it's 32F the wind was very strong and just taking the warmth out of my body... :( I've hunted down into the teens before with no wind. So, if it is cold hopefully the wind is non-existant.

-Bill

Were the first 2 lemons, or were you a factory authorized prototype tester?

I just checked all the stock I have, and none have covers for the coil.

Seeing the problem I experienced with mine, I can understand them holding up on them until they get it straighten away.

Mr. Bill

Tester.