Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings help

Virg

Hello everyone. New membper here but I’m not new to metal detecting. I’ve been coin shooting since the mid to late 70’s. My first detector was a Bounty Hunter Red Baron but I later switched to a Whites Coinmaster 6000D series 2. Both were good machines but I really became fond of the Whites. The Coinmaster finally gave out a few years ago and I’ve been on the seacrh for the “perfect” detector for me since. I currently own a Minelab 540, a Fisher F19, and just recently picked up a Fisher F70. My question is this, can someone help me set the F70 up for coin hunting? I’m currently going to an old school yard and I just can’t seem to get the settings right on the F70. I love my F19 but i only have the stock 10” coil on it and it doesn’t hunt deep enough. Thanks in advance.…..Virg.

Hi Virg, there is a lot of information on the F70. If you go back to page 27 on this forum, there is a post by REVIER. There are a lot more posts by REVIER if you keep going farther back. He has hundreds if not thousands of hours using an F70 and has experimented using a lot of different settings. He shares a lot of good information on the F70. There are some good videos showing settings on the F70, google videos fisher f70 metal detector. The hunter GT has a good video on the Teknetics Patriot, which is the same as the F70, just different colors. The settings that I use a lot on my F70 are disc 1-6, DE, sens 30-50, thresh 0-+3. Sometimes if I want to change things up and get more depth I will use max disc 65, 80-99 sens, 3-6 thresh. If you get too much chatter, you might have to back off on some of those settings. GL & HH.

Virg, I used to use the Patriot, same detector. Settings can always be a personal thing based on what you are after, possible depth. Etc. The F70/Patriot have two modes or programs. Those are De for traditional Default, and SL for slow sweep much like Boost Process.

I usually hunted in DE at high Sensitivity Disc. 7 3H Tones. SL I saved for plowed fields or wide-open old grassy parks with High Sens. Disc. 'O' and 2F Tones..

Monte

owning the vanquish 540 should be all you "need" for coin hunting I would think.. I use the quish 440 and it hunts pretty damm good.. As far as not deep enough, how deep are you looking to dig? 6-8- 10 inches or beyond.
JMHO Cheers Mark ( ohio )

Hello everyone. New membper here but I’m not new to metal detecting. I’ve been coin shooting since the mid to late 70’s. My first detector was a Bounty Hunter Red Baron but I later switched to a Whites Coinmaster 6000D series 2. Both were good machines but I really became fond of the Whites. The Coinmaster finally gave out a few years ago and I’ve been on the seacrh for the “perfect” detector for me since. I currently own a Minelab 540, a Fisher F19, and just recently picked up a Fisher F70. My question is this, can someone help me set the F70 up for coin hunting? I’m currently going to an old school yard and I just can’t seem to get the settings right on the F70. I love my F19 but i only have the stock 10” coil on it and it doesn’t hunt deep enough. Thanks in advance.…..Virg.
Virginia, It has been awhile since I have used the patriot/F70, but this machine has a boost in de at 3or 4disc and another at 21,22disc. This is not in the manual as recall, bit they are there. This might help if depth is a issue. HH

Virg, It has been awhile since I have used the patriot/F70, but this machine has a boost in de at 3or 4disc and another at 21,22disc. This is not in the manual as recall, bit they are there. This might help if depth is a issue. HH
Sorry