Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings knob on T2

Dirt Poor

I just noticed that my T2's settings knob is "spring loaded', and seems to have some sort of function when you push it in, but the owner's manual doesn't make any kind of reference to a "push" function on that knob. I was just curious about it. Anybody know? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it takes you back to your last adjustment. ie: Sens You set it and if no other adjustments were made push the knob, and it goes to that setting.

Does nothing on my end... I think you are just feeling the potentiometer flex on the board which probably isn't a good thing to be doing :)

I see (or feel) what you mean. I don`t see that it does anything. Maybe the potentiometer has a push function (push to test?), but it is not connected to anything.

I agree that it probably isn't a good thing to do, but it is a "click-in" type of feel, and not a "flex-in" feel, like it was designed for a purpose. Perhaps that button was made like that for people who may think that's how you turn one on. If someone who doesn't know how to turn one on picks the machine up, they may not see the on/off switch back where it is, and they may assume that the on/off is on the control face, like most other machines. Thus, they will start pushing stuff that shouldn't be pushed. I was on my cell phone the other day, and had my new T2 in the truck. Next thing I know, a friend of mine had it out in the yard looking at it, and I'm sure he went to pushing buttons without first looking the machine over. He's an idiot, anyway. :laugh:

Thanks for the replies! I'm not going to "mess with" that knob any more. I don't want to break anything. Was just curious.

Sorry.I think pushing the red menu button takes you back to last setting changed..................My cousin has my T2 right now. When he returns it I will verify that to you.

Thanks, Elton! Not a problem. I'm just going to avoid messing with that button, except for turning left or right as it was designed, but I was just curious. My owner's manual doesn't give alot of details about functions, but it does "cover the bases" well enough for use.