Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings on MXT Pro

Hankscraft

Just have a question. I have spent hours looking at maps and current day maps from now to the 1850's with the help of my brother on his computer. I found an area where two rivers merge and a old trail marked on a 1850 map where people traveled to a county courthouse. The area that I narrowed down is an open field where these settlers crossed that river. The question I have is, what setting should I have the MTX PRO on? Relic? Coin? There are many old old oak trees on this ranch and I plan to spend the day out there searching since this is where the rivers met and I believe settlers spent the night and watered their livestock when traveling... Any help would be great before I venture out....Thanks..

I would do it this way; set on relic, crank the gain as far as the ground will let you, just a hint of threshold, turn your head phones up as high as you are comfrtable with---then a little higher--lol, slow your sweep speed down and listen for the the smallest consistant nonvdi sound and dig it---don't worry about vdi numbers. Chances are that your good targets will be deep. Dig everything that sounds good-----lol Good luck

no, I would not descriminate anything out who knows what good trinket is down there at the deeper depths. chances of being troubled by pull tabs at grester depths is pretty small. A lot of gold at a deeper depth will ring up as iron. When you are in an area like this you don't have a clue, so just dig everything. Get vdi of a pull tab at 2 inches---don't dig it if you don't if you don't want to If you are going to go to the trouble to do a lot of detecting why pass anything that looks good----no disc.

I would not discriminate out pull-tabs at that site. An old site, such as what you describe here would be best hit in relic mode and dig everything. The pull tabs that you describe are most likely some early silver or gold rings. Good digging and the best of luck.

The first huge oak tree I came to on the top end of the river had items about 6 inches down. Old chains, bolts steel rings, a bunch of old wagon parts where someone fixed there broke down wagon... I need to find the owner of this ranch and ask permission to go further on to his property. There are a bunch of live oak trees all along the bank of this river. Must be where this old Texas trail came though acording to the maps of 1856. Having fun....