Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings sequence

sprchng

I have seldom had success with the search feature here and this is no exception so I'll go straight to the question.
I've heard people mention a correct , or more effective sequence , for entering settings in the Deus to get optimum performance , it's even one of the items mentioned in the thread at the top about the Deus Bootcamp , but I have been unable to find anything pertaining to it.
Can anyone shed any light on this topic ? I'd like to take the training wheels off of the Deus and this info might smooth the road a bit.

I'd be very interested to know, also, if Settings have to be entered or changed in a specific sequence to cause the machine to operate in peak performance.

Check this out...This is a link to setup of "Coop's 4 kHz Program". There indeed looks like a certain sequence needs to be followed, and the impact of the individual adjustments is evident upon scanning a few targets in close proximity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzjVyki6qus

From the 'Deus Boot Camp' , Event Details section:

"When to make adjustments and how make them correctly . . . sequence is everything!"

Please expound on this.......

I hope that Andy or Jeremy will jump in correct me where I might be wrong in this post. I am still learning so forgive me if I misinformed on any of this.

There are a couple of things that are to be done to make sure your machine is running at its optimum. As XPMan indicated, when you start you machine the coil should be in the air and never on the ground because the ground reading will severely impact the performance of the machine. Improper ground balancing will affect the performance of the machine drastically. If you're running in Manual makes sure you periodically look at the screen to make sure your setting and what the machine is sensing are not too far apart from each other. Setting the level slightly lower than what the machine senses will gain you some depth (in "cleaner" soil - without magnet minerals) Manual and Pumping allow for the best performance.

You should set your Reactivity first and then go into the Reactivity Expert menu and set the Silencer Level you desire. If you change Reactivity during your hunt, this will also change your Silencer setting. You will have to go back into Silencer and readjust it to the desired setting. The lower the Silencer, the faster and deeper the machine will detect. It can make the machine more noisy though. Lower Reactivity with increase depth in "clean areas". Higher Silencer will quiet the machine down but sacrifice depth.

Lower Audio Responses will make it tougher to hear the deeper targets but if you raise this adjustment too much all depths of targets will have the same volume. I like to run at 3 or 4 so I can tell difference between a deep and shallow target without having to look at the screen.

If you have setup Notches and change Frequencies, you will have adjust your notches again so that you aren't "ignoring" targets that will now appear at a different point along the TID "line". Notching, instead of Higher Discrimination settings will not sacrifice depth.

Depth is also impacted by some other settings: Sensitivity being a BIG one. The higher your Sensitivity, the deeper detection depth but this will also make the machine more unstable. Under the Sensitivity Expert menu, is TX Power. This increases or decrease the "Transmit Power of the coil, but drains the coil battery faster and make the machine more unstable. Lower frequencies will get you depth. However, 4kHz loves iron. I do like 4kHz, but have been leaning toward 8kHz recently.