Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings to start when using NEL Snake Coil F5

coyote

Haven't use the F5 for a while and Just got a new NEL DD Snake coil for the F5. Installed it today and would like input from those that have used the SN on their F5. Sort of a review of the Snake coil and the MD settings that you have found to be most effective. Looking for a place for a senior beginner to set the Detector settings. Do you use AM or Disc? Etc?? Any and all suggestions would be very much appreciated. Area searching is low mineralization but pretty trashy. Thank you for reading & taking the time to assist with this matter. Cy USAF 62-66:)

Here are some pretty good settings that I worked up for my F5, which I sold to my brother and for the most part he is still using these settings.
Gain @ 70
Threshold -1

Good luck with that little snake coil and I will be looking for some reports.

Ron in WV

After-1- said:
"Sold To My Brother"-----------LOL------------------------after1-------------

I guess I don't get the joke??? .....................................LoL.................................MarkCZ..............................

I've gotten several detectors off from WV62 over the years!, although its the other brother that got the F5.
I got a,
Teknetics 9000/B
Teknetics Mark-I
Tejon,
I'm thinking I'm missing one on the list?

"coyote" the F5 and the snake coil should do really good for you! Good Luck!
Mark

WV62 said:
Here are some pretty good settings that I worked up for my F5, which I sold to my brother and for the most part he is still using these settings.
Gain @ 70
Threshold -1

Ron in WV

Very interesting .... Do you recall whether you used AM or Disc and what you notched out to start? If I find anything of consequence I'll be sure to post it but don't hold your breath. Pete from Pa.

MarkCZ said:
After-1- said:
"Sold To My Brother"-----------LOL------------------------after1-------------

I guess I don't get the joke??? .....................................LoL.................................MarkCZ..............................

I've gotten several detectors off from WV62 over the years!, although its the other brother that got the F5.
I got a,
Teknetics 9000/B
Teknetics Mark-I
Tejon,
I'm thinking I'm missing one on the list?

"coyote" the F5 and the snake coil should do really good for you! Good Luck!
Mark

Very well than Mark .... Hopefully I will try to get out tomorrow PM for a bit, depends on weather & some health issues. The reason I wanted to got with the Snake, is that with my age, etc. I think small & work slow. Nice to hear from you all. Pete from Pa.

coyote said:
WV62 said:
Gain @ 70
Threshold -1

Ron in WV

Very interesting .... Do you recall whether you used AM or Disc and what you notched out to start? If I find anything of consequence I'll be sure to post it but don't hold your breath. Pete from Pa.

I came up with those settings air testing and they were all using disc. I am pretty much a coin hunter and also a little inland jewelry. As I said I sold my F5 to my brother before I had a lot of hunt time with that detector. I just got a pretty good deal on it and my brother SL52 was in bad need of a good detector, he was running a yard sale BH so I passed my good deal on to him.

I am down to 2 detectors now and I have a NEL snake coil for both of them. The little snake on the F75 has produced several silver coins out of a very trashy area. My other detector is a Tesoro and I am not able to get a lot of hunt time in with it.

Good luck,

Ron in WV

Coyote, I've had my f5 for about 2 years now and those settings my brother recommended are the best for me, each machine has it's own personality and your f5 may need to be set up " slightly" different than mind, my brother love's doing those air test so I'm Lucky to get that input first hand. I always run in disc, 3 tone, 70 gain, _1 thres, and no notchs, that works well for coin hunting.

Dear. Coyoty : you are choosing a great coil yes nel coil is the best for your machine and when you will have more money you can buy in the future nel thunder coil with more amazing depth than you think . Regards . God luck sir

WV62 said:
coyote said:
WV62 said:
Gain @ 70
Threshold -1

Ron in WV

I came up with those settings air testing and they were all using disc. I am pretty much a coin hunter and also a little inland jewelry. As I said I sold my F5 to my brother before I had a lot of hunt time with that detector. I just got a pretty good deal on it and my brother SL52 was in bad need of a good detector, he was running a yard sale BH so I passed my good deal on to him.

I am down to 2 detectors now and I have a NEL snake coil for both of them. The little snake on the F75 has produced several silver coins out of a very trashy area. My other detector is a Tesoro and I am not able to get a lot of hunt time in with it.

Good luck,

Ron in WV

Got out a bit today .... mostly getting the feel for it. I think in time it will work out nicely. Discovered the Notch Touch Pad does not activate. All I could do is disc with the knob. Called Fisher Lab got a RA #. Ready to go out Friday. A couple of months out of warranty so I don't know how Fisher will handle this as it was sporadic before going out altogether. . Keep you posted. Have a Happy Thanksgiving in WV

still looking 52 said:
Coyote, I've had my f5 for about 2 years now and those settings my brother recommended are the best for me, each machine has it's own personality and your f5 may need to be set up " slightly" different than mind, my brother love's doing those air test so I'm Lucky to get that input first hand. I always run in disc, 3 tone, 70 gain, _1 thres, and no notchs, that works well for coin hunting.

Briefly I used the 3 & 4 tone ..... I tried the AM but not disc with no notches to see how it would respond. Also do the mostly coin hunting arena. As I mentioned, of all things, I could not get the NOTCH touch pad to activate. After a few calls I have it packaged to go out Friday with the RA. Have a Happy Family Thanksgiving! Coyote - USAF 62-66

MAKRO RACER POWER said:
Dear. Coyoty : you are choosing a great coil yes nel coil is the best for your machine and when you will have more money you can buy in the future nel thunder coil with more amazing depth than you think . Regards . God luck sir

Hi MAKRO.... That's nice to know. You use the F5 I presume? Perhaps later I may consider thunder. Thank you & have a nice Thanksgiving Day. Cy USAF 62-66