Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings

BerntOut

Successful Detectorists (is that a word?) have posted their Deus settings here and other forums. Their basic settings are not surprisingly very similar except for maybe individual preferences in disc and notch settings. There really are no universal settings that will work perfectly at any site. Depth is directly related to soil conditions and somewhat to detector settings. Poor detector settings will limit depth so LEARN YOUR MACHINE and don't be afraid of changing your settings to site conditions.

I have found while detecting all over this country my depth recovery differs from site to site no matter how much I change settings.
In New Mexico I hunt primarily isolated desert sites with highly mineralized soils so my depth suffers, sometimes dramatically, hence the need for other machines to get the job done. My Blisstool will hit deeper targets than my Deus and my Military Surplus PI gets even deeper targets in a lot of the areas I choose to hunt.

That is why it is such a sweet machine you can dial it in..or out

Rodger dodger. Silencer setting -1 is key. Get that right with sens 90 plus reactivity 0-2 good to go. 3 reactivity for the tough stuff, 4 for the worst. Five -maybe help with 11" coil, I've seen no use with 9" coil. Fast though. Manage your sweep speed for condiitons and settings and you're off.