Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shadow X3 or X5 on gold

obolusman

Can the shadow X3 or the X5 be good or as good as the modern detectors for finding gold rings or chains.
Thanks OB
anybody ever use any of these detectors-don't hear much about them in the forums.
OB

Yes...without a doubt. The Shadows are very sensitive to gold jewelry. Ran both an X5 and X3 and they can hit small gold very well. I actually found most of my gold chains with my Shadow's.

As the rover says, yes: they are good on small gold. Well, small conductors of any sort. Ie.: teensy foil, etc.... However, they will not handle bad ground as well as deeper seeking detectors. So there's a trade-off, I guess. The power house machines (which might miss a tinsel thin chain or earing stud) handle minerals better, go deeper, have better TID, etc.... But 2-filter machines like the Shadows are better on low conductors, target separation and averaging, etc... So it just depends on your hunt environment, goals, etc....

Ok I checked around at other places and they don't get very good reviews at all.
was thinking of getting one but now I don't know.
OB