Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shaft Diameters?

parkgt

Looking to do some shaft hacking and wondered if I could get the shaft diameters for the middle shaft on a X-Terra.

I need the upper necked down OD and the lower end ID (or the OD of the lower shaft). Caliper measurements would be best.

Thanks

I don't have calipers. But it is within a gnat's ass of being 19mm. HH Randy

Randy,

Thanks for the reply. 19mm (.748 just under 3/4" (.750). The S middle for the 705 will then probably not mate up well with the NOX upper and lower that are around .783 unless that was a fat gnat's ass on the high side.

If you find time and would, please confirm the fit (or lack of) since you have both. I no longer have my 705, but had hoped the S middle might be tried on the NOX. didn't want to buy one to find out it didn't fit properly and might not like the change even if it did.

Thanks again,
Greg

i would have chimed in earlier but the battery on my nice digital caliper was dead.
then i remembered i still had my old stainless dial caliper (thats analog for you youngsters)
i zeroed it, checked it on a match grade .224 cal. bullet and it was right on.

it read .749" OD for the factory lower shaft and it is very tight to install,... as in scraping patches of paint off the fiberglass tight.

Thanks for the reply. It appears the hack I had in mind won't work.

HH

I had posted this on the EQUINOX forum last November.....

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2407991,2409575#msg-2409575