Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shake down cruise for my new MXT (used)

RedRockNv

I went out to a nearby park to try out a MXT I bought used off ebay. Only had about an hour and 15 minutes to play. Mostly checking out its ability to tell me what was in the ground and its ability the seperate out coins from trash. I have been reading Fosters MXT Edge again trying to eak out pointers and I must hand it to the MXT and Jeff's book I only dug one piece of trash (crumpled piece of aluminum. Usually I have a pouch of trash after a couple hours. ID was spot on using C&J gain was +1. I got one token I could tell it wasn't a coin but was coin sized so I dug it. There was another near by but I left it. All the depth readings were good and watching the confidence blocks and the VDI made all the difference. It has been a while since doing any detecting but I am going to look at some property I have in NE Arizona and I want to run a detector over it to see what I can find if anything. Hoping for some gold or a meteorite. I was using the stock coil btw.
[attachment 125658 P5041712.JPG]

[size=x-large][/size]Good job.............:thumbup:

Looks and sounds like all the engines were running smooth and clean! Nice cruising by the way! You've got a winner there! Let us know if the token is an oldie. Those are so cool to find. HH and thanks for sharing, Nancy

The token is a No Cash Value on one side and looks like a coin on the other. I doubt it is old as the park isn't even ten years old. Yes I believe this is the best MXT I have ever had in my hands but rereading Jeffs book is making a big difference which is one reason I ask (about 10 days ago) what people had found that surprised them when rereading it. There is such a wealth of information there you can't ake it all in at one two or more readings.

the 5.3 Eclipse coil or other smaller-size coil for trashy conditions or working close to metal structures.

I ended up using the MXT more than the Vision this past weekend, and actually enjoying it more, but then I tend to favor simple knob adjustment. :)

Monte

Monte
I am with you on the knobs. They are very intuitive. I went back after dropping the wife off at work. I have been a house husband since Christmas. I wanted to check yesterdays results IDing targets. I got skunked on a small lip stick case and this key but other than a few pieces of foil I dug just to check and everything was good. I found the 50 cent piece in a tot lot and wasted a lot of time in the out field of the ball diamond it was only good for two quarters. The rest was in an area between the BBQ pits and the bathrooms.
[attachment 125776 P5051713.JPG]

Hi ya RR, read your post and am curious. I'm a new user and have not heard of Fosters MXT Edge. Can you give me a clue to what it is and where I might get a copy?
the gypsy

the gypsy said:
Hi ya RR, read your post and am curious. I'm a new user and have not heard of Fosters MXT Edge. Can you give me a clue to what it is and where I might get a copy?
the gypsy

If you Google search Fosters Mxt Edge you get lots of info and likely place to order the book.
I've had for a year and it's a very useful reference book.

meteorite on tv last night i think cnn guy metal detecting someone property turned one big one into them he found worth 250,thousand i think they said 25 dollars a gram.

[size=x-large][/size]Hey gypsy welcome to the forum, I sure hope you enjoy your MXT, and have loads of fun with it. ............:clapping: