Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

shallow lost ring

nagant

My wife swears she lost silver ring on our small property. With my golden µmax i want to do a shallow run-thru. what should i set it at. Coils i have are stock 9x8, 4 inch puck. Also have a older compadre. I went over it several times but usually get sidetracked on deeper signals:rolleyes:. Should be three inches or less, happened about 3-4 years ago.

get a ring she wears (silver) get an idea where it drops out on the disc if at all, then turn the detector down 2 or 3 and start swinging good luck :biggrin:

AJ

[pre]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y14Kp1DitpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[/pre]

Thanks AJ, Going to try playing with discrimination too.

Dig the louder high tones and by pass the softer ones.
Or just dig all High tones as couldn't be that many?

.... agree with what the others said, turn down sensitivity, dig only the high tones. Also turning disc up will cause depth loss, but not so much as to not hit a 3 or 4 inch ring. That should do it.

thanks, i will try again tomorrow. this is about the third time I've tried, always get sidetracked digging other stuff.

I don't know about the golden but all my silver rings rang up in the disc. If I was looking for the ring with another tesoro detector besides the golden and I had an idea of the area it was lost, I'd try the disc up high at first almost to max. If I didn't find it I'd lower it a bit, but I've never had silver rings, even small and thin, read very low. Most still beeped on max.
Again, I don't know about the golden. It's different than any other Tesoro.
Happy hunting ting and good luck!!
Hope you find it!!

Hi nagant. I'm not familiar with the Golden's setup But I have a Golden Sabre II that I used years ago to retrieve a Gold Class Ring from a farm pond. It had been in the water for 11 years. It was December and I was freezing wet to my knees from digging barb wire , tin, fishing lead , hooks and all manner of other stuff you would not expect to find in a cow pond. Anyway , I finally wised up and set the notch to accept "only" gold. I used my wedding band for the setting. After several more minutes of silent but "uninterrupted' swinging, I got a hit and yes it was the Class ring, Big yahoo moment for sure and even a Happier time at Christmas Dinner table when the Class ring was returned to it's original owner . I Sure hope you can find your wife's ring. Big help to your hunt will be to concentrate strictly on silver and not be distracted digging other signals. Silver is priority # 1 !! HH Charlie

Nice story Charlie! I hit it again and I'm up to $1.98:tongue:. Oh well, i think she lost it somewhere else or it was picked up soon after. I have a new enemy now, nickle plated brass screws. They sure sound interesting.