Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shallow water hunt with Xterra 705..

EOS

Last week I went out to a beach that have been used as recreation area for hundred of years.I started my journey in the crack of dawn,03.30 am and arrived at the beach fifty minutes later.
Of course no one there yet.Totally silent and still.

I had packed my Xterra thoroughly in a thick plastic bag and sealed it with waterproof tape.
I used the little 6" DD since that is the only smaller water proof coil I have to the XT.Of course I could have tried the 15" WOT but that's a big thing to sweep under water,so I picked the little sensitive coil.

Hit the water,and it didn't take long until I got a really good signal (ID34) at waist depth.My first target was a hundred year old silver ring.This started of good I said to myself.
Frustrated not to have a sand scoop,only a large spade I started to dig next target at 36 and a modern 1 krona 1973 was recovered.

I found some coins from knee deep to waist deep.Not much trash at all.I was running the terra on all metal as usual,sensitivity at 25 and had not much problem with falsing since its fresh water.
Another 2 rings where found,one horrible looking with a 10 carat Sapphire :yikes:
Totally I found 17 coins,nothing old this time,but maybe next time.

I have now a Evolution sand scoop on its way,and looking for a waterproof detector.Perhaps a Excalibur or a Garrett AT gold or Sea Hunter,don't know,have to do some more investigation.

Mike

It's nice to see that you found some stuff.

I would like to have a water MD, will maybe someday..

Great finds as usual Mike! :thumbup:

I keep toying with the idea of waterproofing a 30 or 305, complete with waterproof headphones.

If you're just going to be in freshwater, keep your eyes peeled for a deal on a Fisher 1280X. They've made them forever, they're built like tanks, they're good to 250ft (76.2m), Fisher still sells and services them, and they work!
If saltwater is in the plan, then look into a Fisher CZ20 or CZ21, or an Excalibur is the way to go.