Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Share your Gold Coin find:

The city park Im currently leaving shoe tracks in has lots of deep 11 numbers on the Legend. One YouTube shows small gold chains coming in at 11 and may be why NM took 11 out of the iron numbers. Every 11 I’ve dug so far has been foil. I suppose if I’m finding IH pennies, V nickels, and Barbers then one of the odd numbers could be a gold coin. Then again most of that deep trash has chirpy sounds so I pass. Either that or the fringe 60 numbers that ends up iron edges.
Damn hobby….The main reason we detect is hoping for that gold pile and we ignore gold cause the numbers dont conform to standards. Again, damn hobby.
You are correct about gold chains reading 11 on the legend…. My buddy found a nice one last year while water hunting that read 11… I checked it on my my 800 and it read 4-5 and at best 8.
It was 10k and 28” long.. can’t recall the weight, but I think 17 grams..

My avatar is my first gold coin. 1693 William the 3rd gold guinea

I only show the reverse of my 2nd gold coin. 1910-S $10 It was literally between a rock & a hard place and I thoroughly scratched up the obverse trying to get it out of a concrete pit.

My 3rd is a 1877 Victoria Sovereign.

Definitely more gold coins in England.

Im headed to England on 2 trips this fall. Hope to find that elusive gold Celtic stater !!!

Time and a ton of patience !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

Attachments

• Gold coin.JPG
    Gold coin.JPG
    528.4 KB · Views: 53
  • reverse1877 (1).jpg
    reverse1877 (1).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 58

I only show the reverse of my 2nd gold coin. 1910-S $10 It was literally between a rock & a hard place and I thoroughly scratched up the obverse trying to get it out of a concrete pit.

Im headed to England on 2 trips this fall. Hope to find that elusive gold Celtic stater !!!

HH
Donna(NJ)
Goodness Donna! TY for sharing those gold thingies!

My only one gold coin was a gold gulden from Hungary, hammered around 1365, found on a field in North East Germany, which does deliver no finds at all. (Maybe the value of all those missing finds was compressed in that one coin.)
Killer find and super old!
Mark

HH
Donna(NJ)
Scoops been working great thanks and nice gold coin finds my one to hit on the river would be a $20.00 gold!
Mark