Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sharks May Be Present

Maui Mike

Think this will stop me? Oh Yah? Hah! Sent the wife first..........LOL
shaka Mikey:thumbup:

Hay Moui thats Like outch, A JAWS all over again Re Run????? Stick the air Tank in his mouth???? Mic

I wouldn't worry about them unless you were going to dress up like a seal ;)

That's just wrong Mike.... Wife goes first..:clapping:

It does make you think though.. I noticed last week I had some fish attracted to my shiny SN# sticker that's on my coil...

Another good thing... Wear Dark Colors.. So your not looking like Bait.. I learned that from "Shark Week"

Safe & HH

I also got bumped by a shark from behind close to the knee. It was not interesting, it was scary as hell. It occurred at Hilton Head SC about 10:pm at night with very calm water. I happened to be rib-cage deep and immediately tried to run for the shore. My heartbeat soared as I tried to run against the water. The rest of the week my detecting was in daylight only.
I've been told since that sharks have coarse skin on their nose and they bump and brush the object to determine if it's good to eat.

Well, sometimes they are testing others times they just bump into you while chasing prey. I have been bumped several times by Lemon sharks, and once by a Bull shark. I lived in Hilton Head when the Bull shark bump happened, was not a fun time.
Night time is active feeding time and we are in their element. Most bites happen during the day time though, because of the amount of people in the water. When in college, a PhD student did experiments on electrical charges and how they interacted with the electrical system of the shark. I helped, it was a good experiment. Tried to duplicated the electrical impulse a wounded fish and make a shark strike.
Wondering how much of an electromagnetic field a detector makes? anyone have an EMF detector?

Used to tease a friend about attracting sharks when he went to detect in the water ... then I started hunting the water :lol:

I no longer have a spectrum analyzer or I'd do some measurements. Do you have info about what impulses or frequencies actually attracted the sharks?
tvr