Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sharks!

wvrick

These things are keeping my hunting on the dry sand. The last three days the pest have kept surf hunting out, the dry sand is not turning in anything but clad and caps. The largest was a 5 footer that went airborne after a bait fish. Myrtle looks sanded in pretty bad, it's rained almost everyday but no rough surf. I'm hoping to get in a couple day of good hunting but it's starting to look bleak.

May keep a lot of people on dry sand, making for good hunting. I have been wanting to come to Myrtle for some detecting. Save me some treasure.

We have them in Florida, Spinner sharks. They like to jump in the air and spin. They tend to stay a little farther out from the beach.

The little (2-3 foot) bonnet head sharks like to come in shallow and rub their bellies on the sand, ankle deep. They get so excited chasing bait they can beach themselves.
We had a bobcat catch a little bonnet head and drag it on to the beach. Picture made the newspaper.

Just don't want to get run over by a leatherback turtle headed back to sea after laying her eggs early in the morning. It would be like getting run over by a VW.

Keep your head on a swivel out there.

ROBOCOP

Just use the 'Stun' setting on your CTX and after they wake up, they'll run away.

Ha Ha, I think the wind and wave action run them off. The surf is rough for the last two day so some sand should get moved out..I hope.

How many Millions of People have visited the beaches on the Right side (Atlantic) of this country this summer? How many people out of those Millions have been bitten by a shark? Some bites that are blamed on Sharks are in fact Blue Fish. I find the odds to be in my favor. When the surf is calm enough you will find me in the water. I have only seen one shark while I was detecting in the water and when it discovered that I was there it left town as fast as possible. It did not want a bite of this crust old Geezer.

I'd say detecting your odds are less than a swimmer of a shark encounter, or a board rider looking like food. This has been a strange summer at the beach, in the over 55 weeks I've spent there I've never seen as many sharks as I seen in that week. I'm sure some of the splashes seen were blue fish and other fish feeding on the schools of bait fish but one thing for sure there were a few dorsal fins out of the water, not the small fin of a blue. I seen one while I was pier fishing scooting just behind the breaker line and it was no smaller than 6'. I've been a diver for over 32 yrs and over 200 hrs of bottom time in saltwater and I know a shark when I see one even though I never got to trust barracuda's while I was wreck diving, something about how they followed you around...lol. I think the warmer summer had a lot to do with the sharks this year, and I've notice over the last ten yrs a lack of dolphin at the beach.

I have had barracuda see their reflection in my mask. They scare the dickens out of you when they come at your fact at what seems like 40 miles an hour and stop inches from your face. Had it happen a number times when I was stationed in Puerto Rico. Thankfully never had one bite.