Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sharp Shooter 2

Shane_123066

The company I work for gives employees a catalog to choose a gift from for every five years of service with each period having more valuable gifts than the last. One of the items available to me this time is the Sharp Shooter II.

I'd like to ask some questions of current users of this model:

How long have you been using your Sharp Shooter 2?

Are you happy with it?

What do you not like about the unit?

How long does a set of batteries last?

What actually comes "in the box"?

What accessories are really necessary to enjoy the experience?

What accessories just "make things better"?

I am in North Central Louisiana. The soil here is mostly clay, sand, and lots of iron. Can I successfully use a detector here?

Where can I find information about detecting in my part of the country/state?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.
I have wanted to break-in to this hobby (obsession?) for some time but have been quite intimidated by all the equipment. To be honest, I didn't want to spend money to find a steep learning curve and end up spending more money on something that is more suited to the task at hand.

Shane it's a nice machine to get started on right out of the box. The only things you may need are a set of hradphones and a digging tool. The only thing I dislike about the SSII is it has no depth reading. Other than that it is a fine machine that will find the good stuff, old and new.

I think it would work “ok”. You’re best option would be to run it in all metal mode and dig all signals.

New to this hobby. About a month. Love it! I have a Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II. Wet sand hunting pings all over the place on All Metal setting and pings once on Notch and then disappears. Maybe its just me on a learning curve, but no problem on dry sand! Found a silver ring on Notch fifth time out!!