Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

She said..."Don’t be gentle with me!"

JoeVal

I received my "new to me" Equinox 600 a couple of days ago. I went through the firmware upgrade and spent yesterday just going through the manual and getting familiar with all of the menus and options. Two previous owners since June, and neither owner applied the upgrade. I’m not sure they even knew the upgrade was available, which might be why I got it in like-new condition, and for a very attractive price.

Anyway, today was 29F at noon, but it felt like 38F because the sun was out without a cloud in the sky...a day made for detecting a new school property for me. I took along my familiar AT Max as a backup, but never needed to go fetch it. The Equinox performed flawlessly, and seemed to relish in the fact that it was being turned into a muddy mess with each new plug that was dug. After four hours of playing in the snow & mud, and digging around sixty targets, the Nox and other toys were in need of a shower.

Everything has had a bath, and the Nox is resting comfortably, awaiting it’s next adventure this week as the temps climb into the upper 30’s...a veritable heatwave.

Nice thing about it doesn't care about mud or cold temps. Have you applied the factory screen protector with the icons on it?
Feel free to join us on the Equinox forum.
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Nice thing about it doesn't care about mud or cold temps. Have you applied the factory screen protector with the icons on it?
Feel free to join us on the Equinox forum.
HH Jeff

One of the previous owners applied the screen protector.

I found a clear vinyl protector for the entire control head on that site we can’t mention. I have some balistic nylon and a vintage Singer sewing machine, so I’m going to hit Wally World tomorrow and get the clear vinyl in the fabric department and make a cover. I’ve made zippered bags and a number of things on that the machine, so this should be a very simple project. I rebuild vintage Singer machines, so I know my way around them. I’ll draw up a pattern and post it when it’s done if someone want to make one themself. That site wants $20-$25 for the full cover...too much money for this cheap Slovenian!

Good going there JoVal! You prove that weather does not stop the hard-core detectorist! Well done! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Wow, it looks like you are bonding quickly with the Nox. That is the absolute best way to learn a new detector- dig some targets. As long as the ground doesn't freeze you will be hard at it. 38 degrees with no wind is the lowest I can go.

Someone on another forum pointed out that some folks online are selling clear covers for the 600 & 800. I checked them out, but $23 was too rich for my blood, especially since I already sew bags for my custom fly rods and other fishing reels. I just went to Walmart and bought. 1/2 yard of heavy clear vinyl, and sew up a cover with some ballistic nylon I had in stock. It ain’t real pretty, but it will save the peel off screen protector and the rest of the head from getting scratched by the mud.

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Sweet do it yourself project!!
I couldn't tell from the mud if you had the factory cover on or not LOL
Jeff

Congrats on your finds & your new machine!