Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shell Fragment from Resaca,Ga :csflag:

johnreb1980

Me and my brother went and done a little hunting yesterday evening. We had some beautiful weather with a nice breeze going. We did not light the world up with finds but managed to save this nice big piece of shell fragment. You should be able to see the fuse threads when I get through cleaning it. We also found a small piece of lead and a nest of yellow jackets. I got stung 8 times and my brother 3 times. As we were running to the car we forgot to pick up the shell fragment so I had to brave my way back to get it. I was definately not leaving with out it after all we had went through. Thanks for looking, Jonathon. :stretcher:

Nice save! Gotta watch those yellow jackets. This is the time of year when they are irritable!
Mike

hey jreb, nice frag piece! yeah, i'd go back to get it too! i'm thankful to have never dug into a 'jackets nest, i saw a colony of 'em coming in and out the ground where i found that yankee button 2 weeks ago. good save. hh,

Nice find! I was hunting in Resaca for a little while Friday morning. Found 2 dropped 3 ringers and several yellow jacket holes. Got tired of fighting them off so I only hunted for about an hour and a half.

Nice hunk of shell you got there.

Man, that brings up some memories. I lost a canister shot once after holding it up for about two seconds after it'd come out of the ground. As I briefly looked at it, I heard the roar of what sounded like off-road tire treads, say as a Jeep might sound going down the road.

But it wasn't a Jeep. Merely 10,000,000 yellow jackets!

Feel for you, buddy!

Nice Borman frag as it is but if you have a fuse it'd make a super nice informative display.

Richard