Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shoot me now, Everything reads from 90 to above VDI

Hi All, Well I took the plunge and bought a deus. Jumped on the hype train!! It is light that is for sure. I got the 9" coil as well..

Anyways I have been trying to get used to this machine but I am finding that everything below about 3" rings in in the 90 and above vdi?? I just dug 4 pull tabs in a row as well as a beavertail all reading in the 90's and deeper than 3". Get them on the surface and they read lower for example the 60's to 70's

Is this how the machine just is or could there be something wrong? And just for reference I am just running the basic 1 program to try to get used to it. SO far I find myself putting the deus away and getting the CTX out and running it. thanks for any input..

Need to see what your settings are. I get numbers all up and down the scale from 15 to 99. I use Deus Fast or Deus GMaxx and then modifiy.

Something seems not quite right. I'll have to give Basic 1 a test. Your pull tabs shouldn't be reading in the 90's and then out of the ground read in the correct area, 60's to 70's.

If the tabs are moderately deep, sounds like his unit is "normal ops". And if he has some mineral this too could contribute along with depth Now pump the sens, lower the silencer and I'll bet he sees something different.

I ground balance the moment I hit the dirt.. has happen each time I have used it..both time it ground balanced in the low 80's..

See if your unit does it in Gmaxx program???? Also bob your coil several times over the ground and watch mineral meter and see how high it goes.

are you ground balancing on a virgin area with no pollution ??below ground

Yep..

At a loss.. it is worthless digging anything over 5 inches.. they all read 90's and above.

Again ground balance done. Does not matter if highly mineralized ground or not.

I'm just throwing out things that may or may not help.
When you turn on your Deus make sure the stem is extended and there are no power lines or transformers in the close area.
Hold the Deus up into the air away from any metal and wait for the blinking light on the coil to stop and slow to a slow blink.
Basic 1 runs in 12kHz.
Do you run in Frequency Normalize?
You might try dropping the Frequency to 8 or 4 and see if that helps.
Beaver tails will hit higher than pull tabs.
What does the Deus track the ground at (top #)??
Using Tracking in trashy areas can cause falsing and loss of depth. Use Manual or pumping to set the correct ground level.
A number or two above will quite your Deus, a number or two below will give a little more depth, but the Deus will be more unstable.

Check on those items.. it does it in a clean area or a trashy area. Should not have to try different frequencies to get the vdi to be accurate.

I spent a lot of time with it yesterday trying to get it figured out. Went back to back with my ctx.. plain and simple it reads in the 90's on almost anything deeper than 4 or 5 inches.. Really disappointed.

Ctx extremely accurate all the time.

First thing I would do, is re-install 3.2 software, then on first hunt use default GB set at 90 and the default basic 1 program, might try that.

Talk to Moe at XP and have him troubleshoot with you over the phone: 800-446-0244

beepsilver said:
Talk to Moe at XP and have him troubleshoot with you over the phone: 800-446-0244

Good Advice....:thumbup: