Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt in the non-winter midwest

Aurium

Just thought I would share a nice little find. I managed to find an isolated little spot with a few goodies, the best part is the ground isn't frozen. I love global warming..:)

Howdy Aurium--

Nice going on your 2 mercs! We have to take advantage of those good detecting weather days. Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Very nice! I was taking advantage of the breaks we got. I think our breaks are done. Its snowing out there now with anout a foot on the ground.

Nice find Aurium! :thumbup:

Where is shafer44? He needs to see these since he has never dug a merc. :rolleyes:

I am looking at my standing liberty quarter and Walking liberty half and Franklin half, why do i need Mercs?????????????

Very Nice Merc's
Love it when I'm lucky to come across one.
Good Job...
:detecting:

Thanks for the compliments, went back to the location where I picked the Mercs, and found my oldest coin ever. An 1897 Indian head penny.
I like warm winters :) (the other two coins were some wheaties, but a bit roached)

Howdy Aurium--

Congratulations on digging your oldest coin - ever: your 1897 Indian Head Cent! It is a beaut! I love that green patina. Dig those "iffy" signals at that site and a Seated coin will be next! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Squirrel,

That trip was a perfect example of dig it even if you're not sure. The Indian head was an "iffy" penny signal. I decided to dig it, and was happy I did. I also dug a quarter next to a nail that the V3 did well on. I'm still amazed at the ability of this detector, it has shown itself to be an exceptionally fun toy to hit the fields with.