Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt.

Went to visit my mother in Vincennes last week, so naturally being the good MDer that I am, I took along my XS. I had a small window of opportunity to hunt before I left for home and noticed a small lot that had some fresh fill spread out across it. The lot was very trashy, and all I was finding was some memorials. My first good find was the eagle cuff button, next came the flatware with a flag on it. Another button flat marked LONDON COLOUR-Super Fine. The third button still had some gilt with a partial back mark of______ FINE-W.H. JONES & CO. Next came the 5 cent token (Taylors Place), 1 toe plate, 1 Watch or key fob (CAZBELL Vincennes IN on one side and WATCH MAKER & JEWELER on the other). These were barely visible. 1 small pin. Some misc finds, and on my last pass, I got a good "pull tab" hit looked down and saw what appeared to be a gold ring. Great! Horseshoe with 9 stones(I don't think they are real diamonds). Inside mark is 14K G.F.(or E) ESP not sure of the P and a mark after the p that looks like a small r.. Well that made my 4 and a half hour ride home much more enjoyable.

n/t

Thats and excellent spot..... really interesting finds. Havent seen you in awhile Neal...... hows the finds this year?

Dew