Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short Hunt

Nancy-IL

Here's what I found on a short hunt while we were out camping. The skeleton key has Suburban Toy printed on the end. 4 Wheat cents with 1938 being the oldest. HH and thanks for looking!

[attachment 348334 20170730_142223.jpg]

Nice hunt Nancy ! Special congrats on the key . In many years of detecting I have only found one old skeleton key and that was in the middle of Golden Gate Park in San Francisco . It's one of my favorite finds .

Perhaps from PA's Suburban Toy company.

I bet it was Elton! :detecting:

Thank you Dirt Doctor! When I was going over it with my coil, I knew it had to be something with a bit of length to it, not a coin though. It was deep enough that I wanted to see what it was and to my surprise, it was a big old key. I love it.

I have been at the Golden Gate Park a few times. Never detecting, but on vacation. Congratulations on your old key also. They sure are fun to find.

Like that key. :thumbup: CCH

Congrats Nancy,

Skeleton keys are up there with other favorite things to find like watch / key fobs, tokens, gold/silver jewelry.

Rich -

Thank you Rich. I too love the old keys. It's always nice to find a little bit of history. HH, Nancy

Thank you E.J.. I hope you're doing OK down there. You've been on our minds.

Thank you Tony. Have you been able to get out and detect? It's so terribly dry here, the ground is cracking and I honestly don't like chipping at concrete. HH and thanks again, Nancy

Nancy-IL said:
Thank you Tony. Have you been able to get out and detect? It's so terribly dry here, the ground is cracking and I honestly don't like chipping at concrete. HH and thanks again, Nancy

I get out all the time. But during dry weather I concentrate on loamy areas where the soil is still easy to dig.

We can't hunt either. It's terribly dry here. We're to get some rain in the next few days. It's misty now.....come on rain!!!