Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short morning beach hunt.

TRIPLE-SSS

Went to the beach a couple days ago for a short morning beach hunt, more trash than treasure. 🙁
Just cannot figure out why I always find bullet casings on a public beach, Hope I don’t dig something unexpected,😳.
HAPPY HUNTING…
TRIPLE-SSS

Attachments

• IMG_5192.jpeg
    IMG_5192.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5193.jpeg
    IMG_5193.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5194.jpeg
    IMG_5194.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5195.jpeg
    IMG_5195.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
Still fun to be out swinging, though. I find bullets and casings on occasion just about anywhere people traverse....schools, parks, golf courses under renovation, curb strips, most places where people shouldn't be shooting. HH jim tn

The three shell sizes I find most on the beach are .22, 9mm and .50. The .50's are explained in that they were used in large quantity for target practice for pilot training before pilots were shipped to Europe for WWII. They were fired just off shore at targets on platforms. When beach replenishment is done, the shells and bullet points are pumped with sand up on the beach to be found when detecting. Every single date stamp for the .50 cal's I've found are from the WW II time frame. I can't say why there are so many .22s and 9 mm on the beach.

I myself have found spent casing in a football field!?!? I enjoy finding old shot gun shells. I was swinging down by the river a few years ago and found three round balls with the same white patina you guys find down south from the civil war era. Near by I found two v nickels both 1898's. So... If there's shells there's likely coins. hhricknmi