Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short Morning Hunt

olfart

I made another trip to the baseball fields in a nearby town this morning and took a non-detecting friend along for the ride. Ended up with him swinging the Time Ranger and me digging all of his targets. We did pretty well, all things considered. About a 2-hour hunt, and neither of us died of heat exhaustion. To top it off, we found a whole $ .80! Two quarters, two dimes, two nickels and 5 pennies. Oldest of those was a 1975 nickel. Only 3 pull tabs, some broken eyeglasses, and an aluminum strap rounded out our hunt. He declared it to be fun enough to do again!

He kept insisting that aluminum strap was a quarter until I got enough of it uncovered to identify it.

Good digs. I've done the same thing with newbies. Works good but pinpointing is usually challenging for them which makes the digging we are doing tougher.

Yep. That's why I was watching his pinpointing carefully and digging where I thought the target should be. The Time Ranger has its quirks, but he was picking up on them pretty well by the end of the first hour.