Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short night hunt...roasted old coins!

CZconnoisseur

It's finally warming up a little but - tonight it was about 35 which is very comfortable considering what we've been getting temperature wise, and we've gotten off relatively easy compared to our northern neighbors! I had about 2 and a half hours of time tonight to poke around the fairgrounds - the area I found most of the oldies a few days ago. Dug four bottlecaps, some foil, and a large brass cap initially. Found a faint high-toned signal which turned out to be a steel nut around 8" deep.

All the coins sounded great...the quarter IDed 95-96, the dime a solid 91, but the war nickel and pennies jumped around a bit and wouldn't "lock on", but were loud and confident audio signals. Stayed in Prog#8 the whole time and maybe dug 25 targets altogether. There are still tons of iffy signals out there, and I wonder if they are simply deeper older coins. Quarter and dime were 5" down, and pennies and nickel were only 2-3" deep. Really starting to "dig" this detector the more time I get behind it! 11" coil is coming soon so the deepies don't stand a chance!

WOW three silvers. Nice hunt. The wheaties are a little toasted. Keep at those iffy signals. The Barber Half I got recently was in a hole with several nails and rang up in the high 70s, but it was a repeatable signal that dropped when I dropped the freq to 4kHz.