Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short old park hunt

B

buttondigger

Turn of the century, very trashy. Started off digging high tones only, sensitivity 92, manual ground cancel, disc. 21. tone 3. The soil is sandy loam. Coins down to seven inches were modern. Enter the fourth tone which reads in the numeric range between 72 to 79. I dug only targets that had a depth reading eight inches or deeper using this tone. I found one silver barber dime at nine, four wheat's at the same depth and a couple of odd ball trinkets. Deep sounds deep and the fourth tone is unmistakable after you hear it a few times. I did not dig any modern bottle caps. I'm sure there is a zillion there. The Alien so far has past my tests. One more to go in very bad ground for civil war relics.Hey "Animal",to quote a friend of mine,:thebird:

If you were only digging the deep 4th tone targets, that would explain why you didn't dig any caps. The deep rusty caps all ring as the high tone.

However, that is a great tip for hunting old coins. I am assuming that they dropped in tone with depth. I wish it would rain here so I could dig some holes instead of probing :sadwalk:

Thanks for sharing the info :thumbup:

Yep. All the coins that pinpointed seven inches or less I ignored in this park do to the sandy loam.They were all modern.The fe reading did not register in most places here. The tone on a couple of the wheat's was solid, the dime sounded deep.I was shocked at the pinpoint depth. Hot rocks sound fuzzy high tone. So I just dug the fourth tone.It had to be deeper then seven inches. Shazam, old coins.:crylol: As the icon says,the Alien rocks the Animal only rolls.:thumbup: "Get her duggid"