Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short search in a close by worked out park 05/02/2019

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
After a long day made it a point to go metal detecting. Used my Sovereign Elite with the 10x12 SEF coil. Weather was perfect mid 60s with a nice breeze off the lake. My first 3 targets were 2 Wheat's 1944, 1931 and a Zinc. No silver but some clad and a nice short search. Maybe next time find some of those Indians still buried at the old grounds. HH Ron

Ron,

Good to see you got out anyway and the finds get better with the Sovereigns after it is woke up a bit, just like we do and for us it takes a while :lmfao:

I need to get out and detect with the GT and see if I can get up or not yet, or fall on my face like I was doing. We need to get more post on this forum by those that use the Sovereigns.

Rick

Rick, I think too many people have written the Sovereign off. I've ran these wonder detectors head to head with good targets and junk in my coin garden against the Sovereign. The Sovereign lost very little in depth but in the thrash items these other detectors stalled out on most targets that isn't a minor problem with my Elite. The Sovereign can retrieve deep targets without leaving a park looking like a lunar landscape, which will cause parks to be closed to detecting in the future.Nice to be in the saddle. If it aint found I(never) don't fudge my finds. I'm sure there are lots of silver and gold waiting to be found. Thanks Ron.

Rick/ Ron,
I have been using my Sovereign some the last few months and made a few decent finds
Including an 1886 IH cent at a “ hunted out “ park.
I have not been posting though due to not seeing any posts of finds made by
others with the Sovereign.
I figured most had moved on to the “wonder machines” as Ron referred to them.
It sounds like from his testing, the Sovereign is still keeping up with the latest machines.
Like you I would like to see more activity on this forum myself.
I will try to post my future finds with the Sovereign.
I haven’t seen anything come out lately that struck my interest in buying another machine
And with Tesoro out of business, all of my current detectors are out of production
(3 Minelabs and 3 Tesoro’s), but still
working fine and still finding by targets.

Felix, nice to hear from you again. Before Elton passed we use to talk a couple times a month by phone he lived in Ohio and I'm in Michigan. One interesting point he made a lot of people from Find's are busy on Face Book which now some are getting tired of this site and are coming back to Find's. Elton would joke about people he knew that fudged finds. With the Sovereign out of use for years no one is trying to hype sales by false claims. The Sovereign is what it is a darn good detector. Rick posted once, if he had to pick one detector for a manicured site the Sovereign would be the detector, which I agree. Parks in the US are being closed to detecting, hunters digging too many holes and not using common sense. I've been asked over the years from Sovereign user's if they should post some big money jewelry find's?, my answer no. Most Sovereign user's have had a few detectors I still buy and sell if I see a good deal my unofficial count is over a 1000 detectors. I think Rick was or is a dealer for Minelab and other products. I think you have had a few detectors also. Thanks for a nice post. HH Ron

Ron...
I actually have 6 detectors currently and all of them are no longer in production.
Having only been in the hobby for about 13 years, I have not seen the evolution
of detectors like others, but realize they have come a long ways through the years.
For the Sovereign to still have the reputation that it does, that says plenty about this detector.
I read that the Equinox is the detector to make all other detectors obsolete, but I see plenty of them
up for sale!
Not saying they are not good machines, and I have not tried one, but am still making good finds
In sites where others have given up and moved on and other folks have tried
with their new “wonder machines”, but are only coming up with only clad.
I wrote Rick about the Sovereign before deciding on it, and though it was different than any
other detector and confusing at first, I stuck with it like Rick emphasized, and began to see what
The deal was with this machine... it is a great detector and can definitely sniff out old coins
Once you get the hang out of it.

My sovereign gt has forgotten how to find anything but clad and the occasional whatzit. Was up in NC last weekend and worked out park had almost nothing. Less than two dollars in clad. One item I still do not know what it may be. My beaches have been producing virtually nothing. Now that the tourists are flocking back maybe I will have better luck.

When I found it I thought fidget spinner but it is heavy, center does not rotate and is made of brass. The knobs screw off. Not a faucet handle. I am at a loss.

An interesting find.... I don’t have any idea about either.
Maybe post on the whatzit forum to see if anyone can help.

George, that is an interesting gadget. Hopefully someone knows what it is. Thanks Ron