Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shortened my bucket list Sunday!!!

Finally got my coil over a Walker this Sunday! A nice one too!
Granted at 4-5" deep I probably would have found it with my compadre!
Never the less was runnin the MK in 4tone gain at 80ish, disc at 1,in 14kHz with the 5x9
Can't wait to get the time to hunt the rest of this new permission!

Great find. My favorite coin. Being in Canada I never found one and probably never will but I got myself a few online just because of the beautiful artwork.

Really nice find, congrats. Nothing more exciting than pulling some big silver outta the ground :)

Very nice find. Walking Halves are certainly one of the most attractive US coins.

Rich

Lady Liberty has her chest showing...???... I heard this coin was unapproved to be minted, until it was too late.

You heard wrong!----Adolph Weinman-- designer of both the Walking Liberty half & Mercury dime, two of the most beautiful U.S. coins ever minted (IMHO).----You are getting confused with the "Bust" coinage.
DiggerODirt said:
Lady Liberty has her chest showing...???... I heard this coin was unapproved to be minted, until it was too late.

DiggerODirt said:

It was the first version of the Standing Liberty Quarter that had the exposed breast 1916-1917.
It was revised sometime in 1917.

dfmike said:
Great find. My favorite coin. Being in Canada I never found one and probably never will but I got myself a few online just because of the beautiful artwork.

Don't despair, dfmike...I keep finding old Canadian coins in PA...have hope :)