Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I add some concentric coils

I added the 9x 12 concentric and really like it for pinpointing, may add the 6x9 also

Concentric coil permanently stays on my AT MAX, as it did on my AT Pro. You just get more accurate ID capabilities, better depth and faster pinpointing along with depth recognition when pinpointing off the the inner toe of the coil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLvboex7sM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtQKNK20UnA

I find the DD coils are better for target separation, especially in areas with a lot of trash. They also are a bit better in highly mineralized soil.

The concentric coils are just a bit better with the target ID and in low mineralization soil.

I personally don't have any problems with the pin pointing using either coil. Both types seem very accurate once you get used to them.

As for depth, depends on the soil. Low mineralization the concentric is a bit better. High mineralization the DD is a bit better.

I have all the Garrett coils except for the 4.5" Sniper, which I will add to my collection at some point.

Because I tend to hunt highly trashy areas, I tend to go with the smaller 5 x 8 and larger 8.5 x 11 DD coils most of the time.

Those two Video's were great info........ that's dead on Pinpointing....... always thought you pinpointed in the center of the coil ......thanks for sharing

Make use one on the DD coils John. Me i have a hard time with the DD coil, may be because of my bad hearing but i have a hard time pinpointing with them but the concentric seems easy to me.

and been doing this since early 70's.
Concentrics are better with bottlecaps too. From my use under conditions here, they seem quieter too.