Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I buy AT GOLD?

bd1024

Have an AT PRO, and am very impressed. Use the smaller AT GOLD coil, and really like it. I also have a F-70, T2 SE-LTD, Eurotek Pro, -F2 ---Is there a legitimate reason to purchase a GOLD if I do not hunt gold? I usually run the Pro in Pro mode, Zero Disc. I don't have a hard time listening to it like I do some others. Have a NEL sharpshooter on it's way for the AT Pro----. Like it on the F70. I hunt some pretty trashy areas, GB avg. 74 to 90. -- Mainly hunt coins. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I had both machines at the same time once and I kept gravitating toward the AT-Gold cause it seemed to find the goods more often for me! I'm not saying the Pro won't but the gold just seemed to be a little better at locking on targets and the tones are more crisp. The all-metal mode is awesome on hunting for the deeper coins and relics. Long story short I sold the Pro and kept the gold and have absolutely no regrets what so ever! I have found more silver with my AT-Gold than any of the previous machines I have ever owned and I've owned some of the higher end machines. In order to find silver now a days you have to have a machine that can unmask good targets from bad and the AT-Gold does that and it does it quite well!!

No! You got all you need at the moment! one more would just confuse the whole situation! :rofl:

I run an F70 and the Pro, they get along real good....once the Pro says its done with the batteries, I stuff them in the 70 and get another 10 hrs out of them...that pair is all a guy needs for just about anything out there! That danged Pro is one killer rig for gold jewelry in the water! Is this what you wanted to hear? If not, then YES! buy the Gold! If you got the money, and nothing else to do, A fellow cant never have enough detectors!
Mud

It depends on what you want to do with it. If you are just coin hunting in city parks, I don't think it is going to improve your finds all that much. If you are in less trashy areas then I think it will help you especially once you learn the All Metal Mode hearing those small, sharp targets that are non-ferrous. I realize a lot of people have the All Metal phobia but it's imaginary. I tell people to get Clive Clynick's books and you will really learn. I'm sure there are some people who don't want me telling this.

Your going to get responses from both Pro and Gold users and each are going to favor what they swing but unless you get users who have swung both machines to answer that's the only way your going to get the best answer. Mud swings the F-70 and Pro and he knows both machines like the back of his hand and he has definitely shown what he's capable of doing with them with the pics of all the goodies he's found with them. Like Mud said if you have the change to spend on one give it a try and let yourself determine if the Gold is right for you.

Yes there is......it has a true all metal mode (better depth) and it's also water proof. Lots of gold to be found in the water.....

I just paid for my atgold and everything that ive bought to go with it. Just recently bought the nel sharpe 5 inch sniper coil. Its a 5

bd1024 said:
Have an AT PRO, and am very impressed. Use the smaller AT GOLD coil, and really like it. I also have a F-70, T2 SE-LTD, Eurotek Pro, -F2 ---Is there a legitimate reason to purchase a GOLD if I do not hunt gold? I usually run the Pro in Pro mode, Zero Disc. I don't have a hard time listening to it like I do some others. Have a NEL sharpshooter on it's way for the AT Pro----. Like it on the F70. I hunt some pretty trashy areas, GB avg. 74 to 90. -- Mainly hunt coins. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
No I would stick with the PRO...take it from me...you and I mainly hunt for coins. I average about $60 a week in clad (2hours a day). I have the PRO and GOLD once, they're almost the same, but the GOLD you can't NOTCH out (I usually notched out 79 and below to find just copper pennies, dimes, and quarters in really trashy area) . Depth wise it's the same (both with 5x:geek:. PRO MODE vs ALL METAL zero disc. But if you are going for small nuggets, then the GOLD would be suitable for it.

the extra $$ you are going to spend is for what? a different frequency (18kHz) and a true all metal mode. That's about it really. Looks like you have a few machines at your disposal and all VLF by the looks of it. I would go down a different path and maybe seek out a second hand Excalibur or maybe a pulse machine for the beaches and cover even more ground with a specialized machine. Just my opinion.
Cheers!

I have the Pro and recently bought the Gold. I have used the Gold only a few times so I am on the learning curve, I know the all medal mode is gret for depth I just have a tough time listening to ever sound at the same pitch, rather than coins at a high pitch which Disc one gives. I want the depth so I am trying to watch the screen more rather than just listening. Right now I like the Pro better for that very reason. It seems to me the Gold is not as accurate on the depth reading as the Pro is. Seems like items are 1-2" deeper than the Pro reading, but maybe thats just me. Still learning the Gold. Looking forward to beach/water hunting with the Gold.
I also bought the Garrett pinpointer which is good however I also have a vibra probe which I like better.