Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

should I have bought an x35 coil instead of the 9 inch round hf.

As it states in the header I purchased a 9 inch round high frequency coil last year and didn't find it to be a whole lot different than my low frequency coil as far as finds go. I am strictly a coin hunter and I really miss the ID NORM mode. I'm getting too old to remember all the different numbers for each frequency. I am now wondering if the X35 would have been a better choice. Or is there something else I can do to make this easier.

I have had all the X35 and legacy (LF) coils but I never owned the HF coil. I am mostly a coin hunter too. I think the HF is a great coil if you like to relic hunt more than coin hunt. In my opinion if your coin hunting you need to be in 8KHZ most of the time and turn off ID norm. 8KHZ doesn't see all those tiny pieces of foil. I am sure the round HF sounds off on those.
The X-35 is the better coil for coin hunting and is more versatile but again that's just my opinion.

I have been testing . I have both coils, if i could have ony one of the two it would be the x35 I took the x35 and tested a dime and a 22 shell when i put the coil into 8.4KHZ i could get a dime @ 9.5" with a diggable signal and 10 faint, if i switched it to 26 KHZ the dime droped to 8" and the 22 shell went up to a stagering 8" so having that capability with the x35 i would rather keep it . the only draw back is 8khz is more sesitive to EMI. but i was using it today in a ball field and the small foils where so much less responsive to 8.4khz but if i switched it to 26khz the foils & brass lit up and went deep

I've had my Deus for a little over 2 years now. I got the 9" X35 coil with it and I love it. I only have a few relic sites and the X35 works very well in those sites. The X35 performs so well for me I have no desire to try a HF.

If your looking for coins,and planning on using 4,8,12 or 18 khz just buy a low frequency coil. I have a x35,and a low frequency coil,,I see absolutely no benefit to the x35 for coin hunting over the low frequency coils.

If your looking for coins,and planning on using 4,8,12 or 18 khz just buy a low frequency coil. I have a x35,and a low frequency coil,,I see absolutely no benefit to the x35 for coin hunting over the low frequency coils.
I would agree I had the older LF coils and loved the 9" it worked great I just bought another Deus and it came with the X-35 I've used it and do not notice much difference I mostly coin hunt also...
Mark

As it states in the header I purchased a 9 inch round high frequency coil last year and didn't find it to be a whole lot different than my low frequency coil as far as finds go. I am strictly a coin hunter and I really miss the ID NORM mode. I'm getting too old to remember all the different numbers for each frequency. I am now wondering if the X35 would have been a better choice. Or is there something else I can do to make this easier.
Sandsea, I couldnt agree with Jeff in PA more. If you're a CH only the X35 is the way to go. Coins are getting harder to find and the versitility and notch off makes it easier. I will say this though. If you run into areas with a lot of EMI, the 8kfz will run you crazy. You can up it to 28kfz in either coil and eliminate this problem w/o much depth loss. Keep in find if your a CH only running above 28 begins to affect depth. I have the x35 and both HF coils and I actually prefer the HF's for cleaner spots but where overhead phone polls are a problem. One of my best finds ever was with the 9" hf but that was a relic and the hf coils are actually better for deep relics and lower conductive coins and gold. I know changing kfz can be a pain but I almost never run in more than 2 different kfzs. . And I keep paper tags taped to my shafts in case I have to change coils to remind myself where the #s fall. Hope this helps.

I have both 9” rounds and I’d say the X35 is the more versatile of the two, and I’m a relic hunter. I have the 11” X35 for coverage when I need it. I had the elliptical hf but no longer. It is great for tight areas but it’s small footprint makes it more of a specialty coil. Never used the Lf coils. If I was mainly a CH I’d prefer the x35

I agree with the X35 coil being better for coins than the HF. However, I do have the elliptical HF coil and really like it in extremely heavy iron or trash areas. Its shape really helps get between overlapping signals. Now if XP would make an X35 in that shape...

With such a popular detector as the Deus and now Orx, a little hard to understand why a couple other coils haven’t been added. Like elliptical mid size or 5” round. I’m sure there would be enough buyers.

I just loaded calabash pitch in mine going to try it

I just loaded calabash pitch in mine going to try it
Mark, one of my best Deus finds ever was with this program with the HF round, a rare CSA Whitworth bullet at a campsite. Remember though it hears everything so not your "go to" for the real trashy areas but gets more depth at those cleaner sites. I use this as my relic program.. paul

Mark, one of my best Deus finds ever was with this program with the HF round, a rare CSA Whitworth bullet at a campsite. Remember though it hears everything so not your "go to" for the real trashy areas but gets more depth at those cleaner sites. I use this as my relic program.. paul
Thanks I have a old field where I found a Morgan dollar last April when they mowed it went back this year and got a franklin half but its loaded with Iron everywhere so I'll try the program in there..
Mark