Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I jump into an E-Trac or not?

diggernash

I am very near pulling the trigger to purchase an E-Trac or F-75. This is making for a very tough decision. I would be grateful if users of both machines could provide me with some opinions. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone with either machine to allow me to try them personally. I know either machine will be a step up from the Golden micromax that I am currently using, especially in hot ground. Being that I am a Golden user, I am definitely partial to tone-id, but better tones will not necessarily be a deal maker.

I mainly hunt old home sites with severe square nail infestations, with fewer pull tabs. I will drop into a park on lunch break and a freshwater beach occasionally after work. I would really like to move into Civil War relic hunting, but have not got on any promising locations yet. I did manage some accidental finds in SE Georgia dropped by some Yankee foraging varmits...it was a very exciting hunt, even if my finds weren't spectacular. Anyway here's my questions.

1. For anyone in the know...Does Minelab or Fisher have a new machine on the horizon (before Christmas) that will make me regret laying down the cash on an E-Trac? (This can be answered via email)

2. What makes the E-trac deserve the extra $500 over the F-75?

3. Does either machine hit low conductivity metals better... lead especially?

4. Does either machine have an advantage on smaller items... cuff link sized items?

5. Does either machine have an advantage on large iron?

6. I know this is up for debate, but which machine sniffs the goods out of trash better?

Anyone that would prefer to answer by email can reach me at nash6073@XXXbellsouth.net. Remember to drop the Xs.

Thank you,
Jarrett

I personally liked the T2... Better .........But still neither are in the E-trac League.......I would not sell my unit for $3,000 ...I feel me and ELLEN E_TRAC have chemistry or A psychic connection....
But If that is the Best You can afford .......THEN... KNOW THY DETECTOR.....with the way money looks....it is JUST PAPER....you Know .....and taxes.... possible Import FEES .....Better get what you want While the getting is good........God only knows What kind of rain is gonna FALL.....But with some solar panels to charge your batteries ... A country boy CAN SURVIVE!

**** These are the opinions of the author and may not be used by Joe THE Plumber or TOTO the Builder with out expressed written consent of the Author****

Happy Trails:usan:
Jim Pugh

I put a few hundred hours on my 2 F75s and like them very much but the Etrac is a far better machine overall where I hunt and the F75s are gathering dust in the closet,Ray.

It's an addiction you will never get over:rofl: Seriously, it is kind of strangely addictive. Can't seem to part with mine. My wife is starting to wonder. It is a very alluring machine, that has so far backed up some of it's hype. Some people get great depth, for me it is the separation in trashy sites. It has found me many silvers in a high trash area. Good luck on your decision. HH