Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I pick up a new coil?

A

Anonymous

Greetings all,
I'm a Elite owner and am currently switching off between my 10 inch tornado and 5 inch excelerator coils. I've been contemplating picking up an 8.0 inch Sunray to fill in the gap, as I feel that all too often there are times when a 10 inch coil doesn't give enough target seperation, and the 5 inch doesn't cover enough ground.
I would like to know what peoples thoughts are when it comes to coil size, what size coil provides the best compromise of depth and target seperation. If you could only have one coil what would it be?
Thanks everyone!
Jeff

I have always found that the 8 inch coil does the best for me and my type of hunting. The 2 I like is the coinsearch, but this one is not waterproof or the SunRay S8 which has proven to be a deep seeking coil for those that know there Sovereigns.
Rick

Thanks for both of your input! It's good to validate what your thinking by talking to some people that know these machines well!

You just mentioned the best coil, the S-8. It goes as deep as the 10" and pinpoints very well. It is the lightest of all the 8" coils for the Sov. I have it on my Gt and on my Elite. I have an extra one with a 45" cable (makes it even lighter for rod-mounting)that you can have for $115 shipped Priority Mail, if you are interested.
Bill