Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should i sell my sovereign?

Thegreat26

Hi there.
First of all i don't know if this post fits here. I was an explorer 2 user for a lot of years.
2 years ago i bought also a sovereign gt and i am extremely happy with my machine. Recently i saw this machine called blisstool and i am thinking about buying one if it proves to be that good as the ads show.
For a couple of years ago some detectors in my country started using the gpx pi detectors that gives them an advantage in depth but a small disadvantage in discrimination. From what i saw this bulgarian marvel gives a hard time to pi detectors in comparison with other VLF detectors.
Is there anybody here who tried those machines and how stable they are.I saw a video in a beach that the user said that the detector was running very stable but every 60 cm covered there was a sound coming from the machine, Is this detector so hot?
But again if i decide to buy one i will have to sell my lovely sovereign since my explorer is my first detector i am not planning to sell it.
Is it worth it to make this move?
Blisstool are still uknown in my country which is not that far from Bulgaria though(Both in the EU). And the price is about 700 euros for the best model.

Hey there. I cant answer your question but I think I know who can. 'GunnarMN' i think just switched from Sovereign to Blisstool. He's a heck of a good guy and may be able to help answer your questions. See if you can find him. Good luck and HH. Matt

I would seriously wait until some further USER field tests and videos come out of the Blisstool. Something just smells a little fishy to me, as I didn't see some questions answered by a guy who had one and said he wasn't getting any better than 9 or so inches on a coin, and that the machine was falsing badly even with just normal coil movement. It also only has the ability to raise discrimination as high as foil, and no tone alerts, vdi, or modulated audio to tell how deep targets are. So even if it does indeed do what they say it does it's a beach or crop field machine and can't be used in parks and such. That's very limiting to me.

Just remember this....With great claims comes the requirement of great proof. I want to see many videos from regular users of that machine, and not just the very limited ones I've seen thus far that some have brought into question (dealers being present, and so on).

there sure was alot of buzz about the blisstool for awhile,now you dont hear anything ..... either the buyers of such machines are cleaning up and dont want to let the cat out of the bag or they are suffering from buyers remorse either way i for one would also like to hear what experiences owners are having with them....

bootyhoundpa said:
there sure was alot of buzz about the blisstool for awhile,now you dont hear anything ..... either the buyers of such machines are cleaning up and dont want to let the cat out of the bag or they are suffering from buyers remorse either way i for one would also like to hear what experiences owners are having with them....
The only exculsive dealer in the USA is having problems getting them through customs. The 15th we will know if they have arrived or not.The ones in the USA are purchases off the forums or Ebay or an over seas dealer.I am one of many waiting I am just thinking its another tool in the many tools we use for speicalize tactics. The detector will have its place with many. It will NOT fit most hunters styles and therefore be down played by many! Those who have Minelabs already know they should be the slowest on the beach, no more if you have Blisstool you should be half the speed of a Minelab and thats pretty damm slow!

''Should i sell my sovereign?''

What kind of results did you experience with your Sovereign? Good / bad. Did you find good targets? Did it meet your expectations? Keep it a while and wait until the field reports comes in and then make a decision.

Ii had very good results with my sovereign and really impressed me the stability that sovereign has.What worries me also about this blisstoll is that there are no user videos.
But again maybe the new minelab would be as deep and then i LLC have to sell everything for a ctx. 3030;-)

I sold mine to get the blisstool , it has not arived yet as it is back ordered and soon the price will be going up , as soon as i get it I will be putting out some viidios, to me its a lot like the minelabe musketeer advatige only deeper crackles on iron and solid beeps on good targets to me I jumped at the chance to get the bliss. it should be hear in the 1st week of june i will let you know , and thanks matt for the kind words, for me its not that the Sovereign is a badd detector no its great , and especialsy its all metal modes its so smooth, i just want somthing deeper and the bliss is a musky on steroids, and i hunt farm fields and i need 14" on a quarter with a good clear sound Gunnar

I loved the steroids part.
Well gunnar i am looking forward for your videos. Take care

Suggestion,if you are selling the Sovereign to get a Blisstool wait and get more information before you purchase.Sometimes we forget how much work it is with a detector that has limited discrimination.I got a deal on a Whites TDI and used it in a park,great depth,but too much work for me.Good Luck Ron

youve heard the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence". when you get the blisstool another detector will look better at some point.
Im not sayiing the sov is the best for you, just that other detectors are always gonna look a little better in some way or another.
you can always buy another Sov if you try another detector, maybe that could be your view.

There is a lot of soap boxing going on right now. Im with Neil i wouldnt sell the Sov yet. Its odd how everyone is afraid to NOT sell their current equipment because they might not get much out of it later. There are some great OLD machines still out there that people use that still kick butt..... Sov is always going to be one of those. I dont think we have seen the last of the NEW machines this year either.... Fisher has one in the works as well. Even the new CTX isnt alledging any increase in depth. Im just not lusting after these new machines yet... the proof is in the field. Initially those that bought them will be posting FANTASTIC finds..... give it a year lets see if these finds are any better than ours.

Dew

I'm just BURSTING to see some comparisons of the new Minelab to another Minelab using a good aftermarket coil, such as the 12x10 or 13 inch Ultimate. Both are increases in depth over the Pro Coil from what I've read, and while the 12x10 has a very sharp field left/right wise for outstanding separation, I'm hearing that the Ultimate also has some unique abilities in the aspect of unmasking as well...Although probably not as good as the 12x10, even if just by shear virtue of it being a bigger coil than the SEF. Still, both are improvements over a conventional DD. I want to see another Minelab with one of these coils check targets against the new machine, both deep or badly masked ones. That will tell me if the new machine has any better ability in those two respects that can't be matched with another Minelab and the right coil. If another Minelab can keep up, then I see that hurting the sales of the new unit.

What worries me also about this blisstoll is that there are no user videos

No users video's :surprised:

Have a look at You Tube

If I were in your shoes, and I'm not really right now, I would hang onto my GT. It might take me a while, but if I wanted the Blisstool, I would keep the GT, save the money to get the new machine, and then buy it. That way, I would have a backup machine, but also, if I couldn't figure out how to use the new machine for a while, or how to get the most out of it, I would still be able to use something that I know in a situation where knowing the machine will get the most for you. I understand that not everyone can keep the GT and get a new machine - I don't have a lot of money either, but, for me, I would rather have one machine on hand that I am familiar with. I'm still learning the GT, and the Excal, and I don't think I will get rid of either of them. I did get another used Excal, and I will be in the market for a second GT at some point, so I would be able to sell one and still have one if I really needed the $.

It just took me so long to save the money for the GT, that I don't want to get rid of it - I'm having good results, I'm still learning it, and there are subtle things about it to learn down the road. I can save some money a bit easier now that other life-stuff is settled, and that's why I have the rational I gave. Even if the new machine is great for one set of circumstances, it may not be ideal for all your situations. I don't have a wide variety of machines or anything, and I'm not afraid to use only the Excal if needed - I still consider myself to be young, strong, and stupid - so the weight doesn't usually bother me if I'm swinging all day. I may get a blisstool sometime, and have considered it, it looks like a good tool, and it looks like it will suit some of my locations just fine; don't have any opinion of them at all since I haven't used one. But if you have the money, and you don't need to sell the GT in order to get the new machine, I would hang onto it.

But, if you do decided to sell..... shoot me a pm ;)