Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I send in my CZ70 to FTP?

Reeseb

My Fisher Deluxe headphones are cutting out on me. They act the same on my 3D, X-705 and CZ70 Pro, but FTP asked me to send in either my 3D or CZ70 along the headphones for testing purposes. They said if I send in my CZ70 they'd test it and make any necessary adjustments. Is this a good idea or could it backfire on me?

No! Absolutely not...the problem is your headphones and not your detectors fortunately. Don't risk shipping damage to your CZ, plus CZ-70's have a gasket that must be replaced when opened...do they have the right gasket left(parts/)...plus you don't know who is working on it!

My understanding is there is not much Fisher or anyone else can adjust on a 70. If it is working satisfactory why spend the money for shipping and repair (not likely under warranty), risking it comes home worse rather than it was? I am usually a fan of Felix, Daniel and Company, but this makes no sense. Also check if the headphones won't cost more to repair than replace- remember shipping costs.

Tom

Thanks, guys. I was pretty worried about so that's why I asked. They want me to send in a detector, so I'll send them my 3D which is under warranty. It already been gone over by Dankowski, so I'll ask them not to make any changes to it. Or maybe I'll just neglect to send them a detector! That seem like a better approach.

I would not send them your CZ3D if Tom D. has done some work on it. It is my belief that Tom's work may void your Fisher warranty and I also suspect that they will recalibrate the CZ3D to bring it back to factory specifications. Needless to say that factory recalibration will negate all of the work that Tom D. did to your detector and you will be out the money you paid Tom.

This is only my opinion... but I strongly suggest that you check this out on the forum.

-NEBeachcomber

All Tom does to a CZ3D is recalibrate it, fine tune. His work will in no way negate the warranty. I agree it they reclaibrate it will negate Tom's work.

I don't understand sending it in.

It sounds like they are trying to make some extra $$$ off of you. The problem is the headphones not the detectors. Its been my experience that the cheaper Calrad headphones work the best on the CZ machines anyway and you can buy them for around $25-30 per pair. Makes absolutely no sense to lose all that money on shipping a detector when your headphones are the problem. Plus the issues with shipping services are only getting worse.

please do not send it in to anybody because of a headphone problem that's occurring on multiple detectors...common sense would dictate that the headphones are the problem and nothing else. Don't risk shipping damage to your CZ or tech "repair" issues since your CZ most likely will not be the same...trust me on this one since I know first hand plus I have followed others and their stories on the forums for years.

Everyone knows I am a CZ guy but not a fan of their headphones .....buy yourself another pair of headphones and yep I use Calrads myself like another forum user...and my current pair have about 10 years on them....