Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I upgrade from 4.0 to 5.21?

AZWIP

Howdy, I'm mostly a jewelry hunter, parks, sports fields etc... and use mostly the 9.5 HF elliptical, and really enjoy it! Also use the MI6, and all seems to run real well for me...

currently, am still at 4.0.... all runs smooth, quiet etc.... and I have a number of custom programs I have set up.

I usually hunt around the 28k setting... not sure if any of this matters in regards to the question... lol.

So... have been thinking... should I upgrade to 5.21 (thats the latest right, from what I have been reading)?

Or should I just leave it as 4.0?

On one hand I dread the thought of doing an upgrade, and having to make notes of what my custom programs are.... so that i can add them back after an update... but then I wonder,
am I missing something by not updating to 5.21?

Currently it runs great, pairing with MI6 is pretty good, and runs very quiet and stable....

Thoughts? Suggestions?

As always, appreciate it.

Not sure if I have asked this in the past, but could not find it in my search lol, apologies if I did, and even if I did it would have been a long time ago. But, don't "think" I did, lol.

n/t

I have had, and currently own, some detectors that can be 'upgraded.' With some in the past I have done the upgrades with minor, almost negligible results, and also some that sort of messed things up. Maybe fix or change one thing, but also alter something else. I also have a make/model or two on-hand that I wish could have a design glitch fixed, but talking with a service tech at the factory with over thirty years of experience, he said that what I found wasn't easily fixable. That model doesn't have an upgradeable design, and I think that's good. If it did, someone in the service department might try and find a remedy for the one audio annoyance to upgrade a 'fix' and I wouldn't be surprised if it fouled up another function to some degree.

Matter of fact, it is a design glitch that even the factory techs didn't know about until I called it to their attention, so most people don't even realize the design 'flaw', if you will, but in reality the detector works just fine 'as-is.' In some ways you could say every detector out there has a design flaw. If I can take one of my detectors and use a Test Scenario for iron nail handling and it performs 100%, but you use one of your detectors and a comparable search coil but it only performs with 50% results, does that mean your detector has a flaw? Does it indicate that your detector needs to have some sort of an 'upgrade' to make it work better? No, not really.

For one thing, in that particular application even an upgrade might not correct the performance results, but in one or more other Test Scenarios we might find that your detector surpasses the performance of the one I used, but does that signal mine if flawed and needs to be fixed? Again, the answer is No because there isn't a perfect detector out there. They all have some strengths and weaknesses and all we have to do is pick-and-choose to find the model, or models, that provide the features we want, the performance we need, and are fun to use and we get good results.

My best guess is you are satisfied with the performance and results you're getting from your Deus right now, and if anything perhaps a search coil change might make some differences more than trying to make changes via an upgrade at the risk of messing something up something else. Matter-of-fact, depending on what an upgrade is supposed to do, it might even be better to save for an investment in a different detector to complement the Deus. Think back on the last 5 sports fields you've hunted, and maybe the last 10 to 20 gold or silver jewelry items you've fund then ask yourself this:

• Do you think an upgrade would have changed how the Deus behaved in those same sports fields?

• Do you think the upgrade would have sounded better in the audible detection of those jewelry items you found?

• Would the upgrade have done anything to make your searches more fun, or enjoyable, or improved your results?

If so, then upgrade or just shop for a different detector after you've tinkered with any changes in settings to try and correct the performance. But if not, then don't be concerned. The Deus has been working for you and apparently working OK, so just leave it as-is and take it out and have fun.

Free biased opinions from Monte

The three main reasons to upgrade from 4.0 to 5.21 are: use of the X35 coils (they are the new version of the original black low frequency coils and do have some advantages like running at 27. 6 kHz with 11" and 13x11" coils or using the boost feature at 4 kHz), better connectivity with the Mi6 pinpointer, and most of all the added "Expert" features on the WS4 and WS5 module controllers for people that do not have the remote control since they bought the Deus Lite or who want to just use the headphones to hunt with.

Jeff

As I stated, I'm not a Deus owner or fan of a lot of adjustment functions, therefore I didn't know exactly what the updates are supposed to do. I have heard that some have done the updates but we're not satisfied with the results.

I'm just perfectly fine with the ORX and the coils I have which are the 5X9 1/2 high frequency and 9 in x 35.

I I still think it's a user choice to do updates or not, and like I said if is current setup is working fine for him you're may not be a need to change.

AZWIP,
From the XP Dues website:

– 08/02/2018 – The version 5.1 improve the connectivity between DEUS and the MI-6 Pinpointer as well as the connection speed.
– 09/13/2018 – the version 5.2 solve some bugs and improve the connectivity between coils, remote control and headphones.
– 03/27/2019: – This update 5.21 corrects sleep power issues with the DEUS headphones on version 5.2. The DEUS 5.2 can sometimes place the headphones into an unwanted standby mode as they can be turned on during charging, resulting in a slow battery discharge.

NOTE: The HF and X35 coils do not need to be updated at the moment, so they will be ignored during the DEUS software UPDATE.

jmaclen gets the thumbs up (if I could find it) for his post, and Monte's post is also valid. I'm with you, as far as updating goes, in that right after doing 5.2 the flaw was found hence 5.2. So far battery drain isn't an issue, but not changing just for that.

HTH

The other contributors advice is right on so won't go there. If you're a jewelry hunter the elip should do fine in 4.0. In fact I've tested a lot of family jewelry and the 78 kfz on the elip is one of the few machines that will hit the small "mini" gold like chains( I think the nox is another). I have a jewelry program on my controller that will zilch some of the trash while hitting most of the gold. But you still have a lot of courage.

Do it what do you have to loose, Besides re doing all them saved programs. If you dont like it revert back to 4.0

Howdy again folks, appreciate the advice and comments.... does not sound much like I'd get much of an advantage at this time as the things 5.1 seems to address have not yet really been issues with my set up.
My MI6 connects fine and dandy so far and as 5.1 does nothing for the HF Elliptical... reckon I'll keep things as they are for now.

Thanks though for the info, as always, appreciate it.

And yeah, I'd best take come notes of some of my custom programs - good call. Took me quite some time to dial in the way I like it to run. Lol

i have the remote on 4 and the backphones on 5.21 and they appear to work so far in harmony .the depth on 4 is more than adequate using deep prog and ultimate