Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I wait until an upgrade or take the plunge now?

Steve from Ohio

OK. I've been reading a lot about the E-trac. I've tested one for about a half hour. I have an Explorer SE with an updated coil along with a Fisher F-70 and the new TDI..

Should I wait until the new E-Trac becomes used more out in the field and Minelab makes some changes or should I go out and buy one now?

Is the E-trac that much of an improvement over the Explorer SE?

What are the shortcomings of the E-trac ?

I was always told not to buy a first year model when it came to cars. Does the same hold true for metal detectors also? So far I have not had any bad experiences with Fisher or White's.

I just got the F-70 and so far it has been real nice & real fast. So far no complaints. The TDI is also a very good machine that I have not found fault with so far. But I hear some grumblings about the E-trac just as I heard with the Explorer series when it first came out.

With only a half hour on one, I could not really get a good idea of the machine's capabilities.

Any input would be appreciated!!!!