Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shouldn't have been there. (Infinium Find)

Dancer

Knee deep, directly in front of a sanded in area that rarely produces. Couple of tabs, than a couple nickels. Right at the bottom of the Surf shelf. Than a nice hit, two trys with the scoop. Huh ? It was totally black, but no way. After getting back, soaked it in salt & white vinegar. Couple of days, a 1922 Silver Peace Dollar. Practically no dings or wear marks. No mint mark. Couldn't have been kicking around the Gulf for very long but enough time to turn it black.

After a first cleaning

Attachments

• IMG_20200111_090905_kindlephoto-120230803.jpg
    IMG_20200111_090905_kindlephoto-120230803.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 128
Great Find! Tell me about the salt and vinegar cleaning technique. We find silver near the sea in my area and they're always discolored badly.

Nice finds !

I think salt and vinegar is effective but harsh. I make a paste with baking soda and water and work the grime off.