Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shoveling gravel and praising the Lord

Dan-MO

Hello friends, A few weeks ago my wife and I purchased a large tandem load (several tons) of crushed white stone to repair our driveway. To our disappointment, when it arrived, the truck driver couldn't spread it do to overhead power lines. It ended up being dumped in a huge pile in the middle of the driveway.

Over the next several weeks I tried to find someone who would be willing to work and spread it for me....just about every neighborhood young person.... offering a good wage....but no takers.

Every time I walked out the door and saw this large pile of rock...it would bother me. I am disabled ..on my 2nd pacemaker with a practically useless left arm and knee. Against my wifes advise, this morning I decided to tackle the job myself. Before I do anything I always try to pray about it and I asked the Lord for the strength to do the job and for the wisdom to know when I was pushing my physical limits. I decided to shovel and move 6 to 8 wheelbarrow spread it and then take a break with a glass of iced tea. It is hot and humid in Mo. this time of year...and after a couple of rounds I had worked up a pretty good sweat.

As I was taking a break and feeling a bit sorry for myself.......I thought of our Lord Jesus who the Bible says sweated blood in the garden shortly before he was nailed to the cross. This humbled me greatly and back to work I went. After a few more rounds I took another break and rubbed my aching back....then quickly realized how minor my pain was compared to how bad his back must have hurt after the flogging he took and being forced to carry his own cross. By this time, I was feeling the presence of the Lord and as I went back to work I began to praise him and worship him in song and prayer.....The neighbors probably thought I was crazy!

I had been into the job for a few hours now and on my next break I noticed some blisters on my hands.....I immediately thought of the nails that were driven through his hands as he hung on the cross for me!. As I decided to call it a day....I looked out at had once been a mountain of gravel to find only a small mound left. God willing it should be finished in a short time tomorrow. After I showered and cleaned up....I gave thanks to my Lord for the aches and pains I had.....For they reminded me what he had done for me on the cross.

Never have I felt more joy after a day of (for me) hard labor. I truly can do ALL things through our Lord Jesus Christ. my strength and comforter. Praise his name and thank you all for allowing me to post here

Amen! Dan & that is a great testimony for what mankind can do when we have Lord Jesus to help give us strength, for with Him we can endure all things (pain) & be more than overcomers in our earthly lives & unto eternal life for our heavenly journey! I live in Ste. Genevieve, MO now & I know all about MO weather as I was also raised on a farm in SE MO in Reynolds County attended school in Dent County! God Bless & Happy Hunting & enjoy your new Driveway--you certainly deserve to! Ma

When we trust and obey, We can do all thing through Christ who strengthens us. Thank you for sharing.

Indeed, what a great testimony! Thanks for Sharing! Yes ... we can do all things, through Jesus, Who strengthens us. Glad you were able to finish the project. :)