Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shovels

gsmith

Is there anyone else that makes metal detecting specific shovels other then the popular ones like lesche, predator,grave digger, Excalibur, White's,NX?... I like fact that the majority of these are made and designed by people who are actual metal detecting enthusiast.. just wondering if anyone kno

Tried several different shovels including some of those fancy expensive ones and found my best one on eBay for only 20$. It's a military style that can be used for digging or switched for chopping roots in a second.
It's small, about two feet long, light only a couple pounds and pretty much indestructible .

any shovel is better then using a trowel when relic hunting. I liked the look of the raptor hand digger so made one out of a forged "pony" made in Ireland shovel. put a D handle on it and works well, my pinpointing needs work though.

I have been custom building my own for several years. Don't really care for the war clubs others build. I will post some pics tomorrow.
Also building my own SS sand scoops.
HH Jeff

Here are some of the diggers I have built, all steel construction coming in at 2 lbs.
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20200402_193327.jpg
    20200402_193327.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 203
Sorry about the size, really not that proud of it!

I use a Lesche but I wear them out mines about a year old and all the serrations are about wore down! that's a lot of digging!
Mark