Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:shrug::blink:gold prospecting /recovery???

Bob (OHIO)

Does anyone sliice/beach-box/high bank the ocean beaches of Oragon??Is it allowed?What areas?Does it pay? Bob:shrug::shrug:

Hi Bob
Yes I have been to Gold Beach OR. It is at the mouth of the Rogue River and the Pacific. The Rogue has very good gold and as it makes it's way out to the ocean the fine gold is re deposited on the Beach's around Gold Beach, OR. When I was there the beaches where open to public mining with a beach box which is like a high banker. We pumped water from the ocean up to a box with the black rubber ribbed mat, no riffles. High bankers will load up with black sand and you will lose the fine gold out the end. The gold gets redeposited each time a storm comes in and it will be in thin layers of black sand. You will need to do a lot of sample panning to find a streak, then set up and work it out, then move on to find a new one. I don't know what the laws are now about mining the beach, but it was fun when I did it many years ago. Today it most likely is no longer allowed the green wackos have closed down any thing they can, so you will need to check out the rules and reg's. You may be able to make gas money, if you find a few good pay streaks. Plan on using a #2 shovel all day, a detector is of no use on the beach to find the black sand, and there just is not any nuggets to find. The gold is flour fine with a few coarse grains smaller than sand. Good Luck.
C.