Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:shrug: Transferring X-1 Probe to another shaft?

TONE JUNKY

My upper shaft clamp quit working on my Ex II. I have the Sun Ray X-1 probe on that shaft. I still have the original shaft & the clamp is good. I need to transfer the probe to the new shaft.

Anybody out their ever tried this on your own. I hate to send it in just for that. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks, HH

If your probe is still under warranty then I would send it in and have Ralph do it. I tried doing what you want to do and I screwed up my wires somewhere and the darn thing doesn't work. I'm no electrician by any means and for the few bucks that Ralph might charge then it would be better to have a expert do it unless you know someone who is good at fixing electrical things. Good luck on whatever you decide to do. HH.

Eddie

I don't normally post to often on the forum, but I read a lot.
Question on the clamp not working?
Is the rubber piece inside of the clamp missing, or the little metal plate that pushes against it gone?
If so the rubber piece and plate is replaceable. Just take the one out of the good clamp and put it into the one on the shaft with the probe on.
Then order a new replacement rubber clamp insert from minelab. I may be clear off base with this but it has happened to me and also a hunting partner of mine.We made a field repair on the spot less than (2) minutes.

Hope this helps

HH BiLL IL

It is almost impossible to swith the probe, but as Bill was saying just use the parts from the one you have and switch them as it is easy to do. Just punch out the brass pin and it all comes apart. Then just put the little piece that hold the probe tight and the latch and put the pin back in again, can do it all in about 10 minutes..
Unless Minelab just started selling the parts they dont have them I was told when I have had a couple come in the shop and wanted the parts to repair them. I had to take some shaft i had here and take the part out and put it in a couple shaft and also a couple of the ones at the control box.

Thanks for that advice. I did just that. I transferred the parts from the good rod to the probe rod & its good again. I was a little hesitant about trying to do that as I was afraid of breaking something in the process.

Also, I spoke with someone who told me that Minelab did not have replacements for that. I'll contact them myself & get some parts.

Thanks, again - HH

If you're talking about the little piece that goes in the cam action clamp, Minelab used to have the parts for us to install ourselves. Don't know if a policy change has occured or not. I think it's the same clamp that's on the housing, if so, I got the replacement piece a year or so ago . Good Luck and HH