Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sick SE

bday

Sent my SE off to Vegas. This SE`was purchased in May of 2008 right before they announced the SE Pro, I almost wish I waited a couple weeks. I've had this problem for awhile but have been living with it and honestly I was not sure if it was my inexperience with it. Now lately it would run fine for about the first 30 minutes of a hunt the go absolutly nuts, only fix was to shut it off and then back on. When in digital it would only display the Ferrous number and it would detetct my watch from the topside of the coil while swinging. I tried factory defaults, tried it with the slimline, the Pro Coil and a Sunray X-8 as well as with and without the Sunray Probe and with the rechargable as well as the alkaline battery packs and still could only get about 30 minutes out of it before the band started playing. I have to be in Vegas in about 3 weeks, I might go and visit it if is is not back by then.
Bob

Mine has been doing the same thing for a while now. First I thought it was the X-1 so I got a new one, well that wasn't the problem. after about an hour or so of detecting my detector goes nuts like there is allot of interference coming from somewhere, but if i hold the coil to the ground for a minute or so it settles down. Send me a PM if you find out that there was something wrong so I can get mine sent off. I thought maybe it was just the surroundings. I would be curious to know if I have to send mine off also. Thanks

My SE works ok until i turn the backlight on.With the backlight on it seems to detect ok,but after 3 or 4 min the screen will split in half and be all uneven.Cant really read it like that.If i turn it off and back on its ok.It works fine if i keep the back light off.It makes me wonder tho,maybe its not working 100%.Maybe im missing items because of this.Its summer and i dont wanna be without a detector so im waiting till winter to send it in.If anyone has seen this plz let me know what the cause is or if i should send it in right away.THX