Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Side of the road

togamac

It has occurred to me now and then that the side of the road could be a good place to coin shoot and today I had that thought again. I was pedaling my bike to take the AT Pro to a neighboring town to shoot coins at a soccer field when the sun reflected off of something on the shoulder. A quarter my Lord (not in a flatbed Ford) shined up at me! Several hundred feet down the road another one! Are the kids throwing out quarters now? Have any of you tried detecting on the side of a road?? Seems to me it'd be pretty trashy but if the kids are throwing quarters away, I just may try it.

Upon reaching the soccer field, I was rewarded with this sweet .925 beauty. It was about 3 feet in from the sideline. May have come off when a player was throwing the ball in?

That is a nice silver celtic beauty togamac!!!:thumbup: And the best side of the road finds for me, money wise, were 2 partially sun faded $10 bills and a $20 a few years back. Certainly, oodles of coins and a fair amount of jewelry lay sleeping along the roadsides. As well as tons of other type of treasures. Many a scrounger for decades has put food on the table hustlin' along the curbs.:biggrin:

I suppose...thinking about it, we as detectorists try to find old trails and where old roads used to be, knowing that where ever people travel, theres gonna be stuff.....twice so far in the past few years, I've seen cars parked along the road with a couple people out in the ditch searching diligently for something they lost...I often wonder when a guy sees a memorial cross in the ditch where somebody died in an auto wreck if that would be a place worth hunting...you know for sure in a roll over, all sorts of stuff would go flying and leave a tragic tale of that event...also where ever a cop pulls some drunk over at night and has them empty their pockets...you know there will be stuff laying there as well...I will say, on a bicycle, a fellow sees things if he's looking...good work there Mac!:clapping:
Mud

That's a sweet little ring...Congrats!
There was a rollover accident not 4 blocks from my house a few years ago. The young lady happened to be my daughter's best friend throughout childhood and she lost her life that night. So, I walked to the accident site and looked around about a week later. I was just trying to figure out what caused it. There were more coins, hair pins, ink pens, and unfortunately, beer cans. So I could very well imagine a ring or necklace flinging off a person who found themselves in such a predicament. And I never thought about all the people with car trouble.

Nice find, togamac. Never thought about detecting sites of wrecks and roll overs are so tragic. If people would just wear their seat belts and keep their doors locked, it would save lives. I never thought about this until I took a defensive driver course and the trooper said centrifugal force had thrown people out of cars during rollovers that were wearing their seat belts and locking your door would prevent this in most cases. President Obama says if you lock your car door you are racist and scared of black people. I'm scared of getting thrown out of my vehicle and the vehicle rolling over on me.