Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sidewalk easements

jmaryt

what do you guys think of using the g-2 set to "break point" ,ohhh say 60 or 65,
and hunting just small mentally gridded off areas of local old parks,and also old sidewalk easements?
i will be attempting to take advantage of the "lightening quick" (2) processors of the g-2 for the hunting effort!
just wondering if you think this logic is flawed in any way,and you have better suggestions for the g-2!
thanks in advance!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt.. I use my GB-Pro with the sniper coil to hunt the old curbstones between the street and sidewalk.
However, I'm most cautious to only pick the areas where this easment is badly neglected such in front
of badly neglected vacant home or where I have asked and got permission. While there is an easment,
the homeowners tend to think the strip is theirs. In the better parts of town, they water and cut the easement
strip as they do their front yard.

I also tend walk along the street side of the curb depending on the traffic and choose the side faceing
the traffic and swing onto the easement. Depending on gut feelings about the spot I'm working I vary the
discimination level somewhere below the U.S. Disc nickel breakpoint; as I like to find the earlier liberty-head
and buffalos as well as the later clad Jefferson's; and an occasional silver WW-2 vintage Jefferson sillver
and the common Jeffersons... Thus I will hunt in disc set to as low a 50 or as high as 75.

But your setting using a G2, looks good for my GB Pro as understand the Tek G2 is very similar to my
Fisher GB-Pro... best js

thanks! yes! i am aware one has to be careful,because some "strips" are mowed and trimmed by home owners!
been hunting them a long time with OTHER detectors,so was wondering if it was a good idea with the g-2,because i am thinkin'
the 2 processors along with the super fast recovery time MAY help!.. i am attempting to use the g-2 as a speciality hunting tool for those applications!
have you had pretty good luck using your gb this way?..just curious!..over the years,i have found some good stuff on the easements,but as i said ,i have
used "other" detectors,not the g-2!//thanks for your input!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

yeah! me too! have done them with other detectors in the past
but am curious the g-2 may surprise me,especially with the little
5" on board!..thanks foe the input!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

They actually do own it as I was informed ny zoning guy easement I was doing..
They own it to the center of the street.
In fact it isn't an easement, it is a city right of way.
The proper term is Underlying Mene.
And the own the ground and whats in it to the middle of the street. Same as in the alleys.

[size=x-large]Schazbaht![/size]

*an expression of dismay and disappointment not disagreement or dispute

While they water and cut the easement as their own. Their title tells them if they care to read it that it is their responsibility to do so.
Most cities have that written in.

Yes, over the years I have hunted old flagsone curbsite easements with other detectors, but I have
have been going back again with my GBP using the small coil. The curb dates back to 1924-5 and
broken up by cars carelessly knoking chunks loose that have not been repaired and the sidewalk
on the otherside of the easment strip has areas that are cracked and buckled by trees. So far I have
mostly found copper pennies. They are not stained and look pretty good. Common dates. The oldest
is a 1925. Some of the flagstone curb is in front of an elementary school.

I understand the Tek G2 is similar as far as ability to my Fisher Gold Bug Pro... maybe costs less?

costs more ! has a different configured handle,and same guts!
yeah! as you know,the best easements are the ones in the "older" sections of town.
it can be gratifying but 'tons" of trash.this is where the g-2 may make it a more pleasant hunting experience !
5" dd is a"must"..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I owned a homein CA and it was wrritten in on the property s title that the last third of the side walk was to be maintaind by the landowner/resident though the city retained rights to it. In other words you could not extend your fence to it or cement over the grass or remove the tree there.
My understanding that this is pretty common.

never had any issues hunting them!
been hunting them along time with "other" detectors,and apparently at least
around here (new england),people don't appear to be concerned!..
i have to admit i hunt the older areas in various towns,where the easements are somewhat unkempt,
with very old trees...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

This is my experience too. Lucky you... the areas you have access to could be quite old... Where
I'm hunting he earliest is about 1924...

just about all people who are even paying attention
just don't seem to care!,either that,or they think i am "nuts"
and don't want to get involved with me!..either way,i win!
just sayin'..

(h.h.!)
j.t.

That is good. I use the 5-inch coil in all metal and save all the shallow trash. If I'm asked why I'm
doing it I show them the trash and some of the zinc-copper clad pennies. Any keys I always try to
return to the yard owner. also glasses or other personal items. The copper/zinc pennies corrode
and can be a poison.

this is a noble undertaking,and i am sure it is appreciated!
we have to hunt "smart" as well as "brave!" just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I agree... I have found it good to hunt in all metal... along one strip I was finding broken necks of older style-looking
pop bottles still attached to the bottle cap. A lady passing by there as once a market selling candy and soda pop
to the kids to the elemetary school across the street. The bottle necks were very sharp and I needed to be careful.